Prune - where to start?

I would trim some bottom instead. She will keep on reaching and that canopy is a photosynthesis machine. The bottom isnt.

yea that was my plan thanks!

1 Like

I trimmed up bottom last week and surely took 30%. I thought cleaning out the middle or upper part and the LST was the next step.

Can lst and keep those fans up top. They really feed the girls. No need to feed flowers yet. Just some airflow and direct her energy upwards. Just my thoughts.

2 Likes

OK so my first time even looking into LST. I have watched about 3 videos and all of them started out much earlier on - now I know. I did a few lower branches and cleaned up a lot - I am sure it needs more but I took a lot out. Will do more next week.

2 Likes

As she stretches can use bamboo plant stakes to spread her out. This runtz i did not lst…i just staked her open.

thanks. i watched some videos but they all being young they were bending entire plant over. not sure if this one is a good candidate or not. also, the small undergrowth seems too small to trim. it is so packed in, not sure what to do down low.

1 Like

If gonna lst that 1 now is the time. That dense crap around the stem with tiny leaves just clean off. If not a true branch it is probably worthless.

1 Like

so just bend it over one way with a stake? i did not get past that - i will go back and watch a full video.

1 Like

Looking for some pruning tips I get lost cause it’s so big.

@Storm @Jarlax

1 Like

The sucker branches should go. If you look at a node, one branch it likes and grows big and thick. One it doesnt and it barley grows. Cut off the suckers and keep the lollypops.

Leaves - growing into the plant making a mess inside restricting air flow, cut it off. Anything “inside the plant” thats small and creating a clustered mess, cut off.

Usually in nature rabbits and deer help the plant out. In my case with an indoor grow im the rabbit or deer.

1 Like

Cheers @Jarlax for the tip mate I start doing that tomorrow and let you know how I go here some more photos to give you an idea of how big it is.

Yea, thats a big girl. You want to get some support stakes or something to help hold it up. Once you clean it up inside the space will make it want to fall over.

@Jarlax so I did some thinning out today I might do some more tomorrow if you think it needs more I’ve taken photos at 5 different spots to see difference.

Looks a lot better growmie. You will get more comfortable chopping on them the more you grow. The little buds on the inside that get no light wont do much and the trim time isnt worth it. So, cut them off and help the plant focus on the flowers in the light, and let the air get in there to reduce bud rot opportunities.

1 Like

Cheers mate I do some more in a couple of days and take more photos for you :ok_hand::+1:

1 Like

Hey @Jarlax hey so I’ve done some more pruning over the last few days got some new photos I’ve walked around it a bit tight now hope you can see let me know if you think it needs more off her.

1 Like

Looks great man! Id leave them alone now and wait :popcorn:

1 Like