Proud new poppa meet Ehrycka

I was still a bit confused as to topping and fim with this girl i did a lot of lst. I am pretty good at that now lol. I plan on doing more topping and fim on Jackie in the DWC. I am a little more comfortable with Scissors now lol I should of topped the secondary branches also (if that is correct) but i didnt i just let them grow out and kept tying them down.

1 Like

Thatā€™s ok, as long as you have enough branches to tuck under the net it should work just fine.

1 Like

She looks really good. Id say sheā€™s a good candidate for SCROGing.

1 Like

This brings me to my next question if i put a net on her do i remove her ties? then just tuck as she blooms?

Yes, I would remove the ties, otherwise, it would be really hard to harvest. Then just tuck everything under the net.

1 Like

Its sorta weird Like i dont notice the growth on her so much now when she was young i could see every new leaf starting and now its just like did she move i cant tell. But the DWC she grows like a inch a hour it seems lol

and those fat indica leaves are freaking huge. i think i got mixed seeds the Northern Light is supposed to be indica dominate and the jack herer is supposed to be sativa dom but the NL leaves look sativa and the JH look indica lol

1 Like

only when Iā€™m having problems though, when everything is running smoothly i only change it about every two weeks

2 Likes

Yes, they grow much faster in hydro, but Iā€™m sure sheā€™s growing.

1 Like

@TDubWilly it was more of a reference that it was ok to change the res more then suggested. I appreciate your advice and did my res change a couple days early. Thanks for helping me.

1 Like

Well as they say knowledge is power and i read a really good article on the stresses of growing cannabis. i looked into it because i saw that my dwc slowed right down after i topped her (or fimā€™d) i dont know what actually took place. But the article mentioned good stress ie topping fim super crop and lst. Saying when you top you stress her a little and it forces the bottom branches to grow out along with getting two tops. Is this your experiences with topping the plant that she slows right down after you top her.

1 Like

Yes it also makes her bushy and she will start producing many smaller shoots. Supercropping is also a way to fake out plant into thinking she has been topped or hurt and that will make the lower shoots grow and fight for top dog status

2 Likes

Sorry missed this partā€¦ Yes it is normal for her to take a few days to a week to recover all the way

1 Like

Thanks i am glad i was squirrel chasing again and found this article on stress. i am stressing her a little now with a little draught not going to water her until monday that is a full week of no water

1 Like

Just becareful there is a fine line where to much stress can cause her to hermie so please dont go overboard lol.

1 Like

@GreenThunder This is my grow journal and as i was stating i used the 4k color spectrum. I donā€™t use a filter this is just how the plant looks in the room. I was just pointing out how the color spectrum make both of their plants look more yellow then they actually are.

Those color differences are to be expected. 4000k is heavy in blue light and 3000k is heavier in other end of spectrum. Same stuff happens under different colors temps of other style lighting too, like mh vs hps.

1 Like

@dbrn32 I want to get some supplemental lighting in my tent and i was thinking of going with the qb65 should i stay with the same color spectrum or will the 3k and 4k be a bad idea?

Mixing them isnā€™t a bad idea, especially when youā€™re a little weak on reds.

Youā€™re in 32x32ā€ with hlg-100 right?

2 Likes

Yes i have the 4k light hlg 100 i am going to add the 65 at 3k later this month. I just read a article that OHIO lawmakers make cbd illegal. Guess they would rather have people od on heroin then take CBD. Why do these people still have a job when it is clear they are complete morons.

1 Like

I have no answers for that.

1 Like