Proud new poppa meet Ehrycka

yeah tilray was very volatile and the buzz is about Aurora cannabis making some sort of deal with Coke Cola to make some CBD infused drinks. @Farmacist @hangthebanksters @dbrn32

1 Like

Read that too. There are people shorting them and then dropping bs info around the web too, so thatā€™s not really helping either.

2 Likes

Looks like a big pull back today or everyone is shorting tilray. I will just stick with canopy and see ware it ends up as the canadian market goes full recreational

1 Like

Probably a little of both, my guess is theyā€™re shorting the shit out of it. The investors have been betting against weed stock from the beginning, theyā€™re gonna try to get their money back any time they see the opportunity, and after the week this has been, easy target.

If you were interested in tilray, try to see where it makes sense. Everyone shorting will bail at some point, and as those shares are repurchased, shill jump up a little.

2 Likes

@Rayofsunshine I am with you on Canopy. This company has the licenses and agreements to take a large market share of Canada. I have owned shares for a month or so.
I am buying the ā€œrumorā€ of a Coke-Aurora agreement. Just bought today, so this will be an interesting experiment because I will sell if/when an announcement is officially made.
@dbrn32 High Times has extended itā€™s Reg A offering to end on Oct. 31. I assume management will provide an update in regards to a Nasdaq listing soon.
Not sure what you all thinkā€¦but Altria (Phillip Morris USA) looks like a company that could move into the cannabis industry as a big buyer. Might be a good stock to consider as a long term, safe approach.

2 Likes

That, or to try and predict who they would be buying.

It will be real interesting to see how it plays out. Any of those big companies looking to buy into the weed game are speculative that it will be a profitable market. If thatā€™s the case, they can save considerably by trying to buy now. Which could lead to some value to share holders.

1 Like

gotta consider the angel investors or accredited investors. When are they going to take profits? They usually wreck sh*t for the guys who get in later

1 Like

Always do, but there should be enough for all of us haha

2 Likes

So i was watching Jim Cramer and he sorta sudo explained that it was online market retailers that drove tilray up. I like his analogy about Bulls make money Bears make money but pigs get slaughtered. Meaning its ok to make money in a bull or bear market its when we get piggy that we lose everything. A prime example is the tilray movement it was nothing but day traders being piggy and driving the market. So i am going to stay with Canopy for the time being i think it still has plenty of room to run with a target price of 70 a share. Mind you i am not a financial guy i just play in the market with a little MAD Money if you will. Most of my investments are in Mutual Funds and i am diversified 25% in large cap 25% in small/mid caps and 25% international and 25% in stocks.

1 Like

Hmm, I was just reading last night that it was reaction to some deal they made with Igxt.

Anyway, I figure thereā€™s a good chance some of the less expensive options that have seen gains will be on the radar to be shorted. Iā€™ll be watching to see if I can pick anything up at a good spot.

1 Like

I was looking on the forums do we have a off topic area i would start a investment thread.

1 Like

For those who do not want to own individual stocks you can buy MJ its a ETF at 43 their portfolio has all the top cannabis companies it has Cronos Aurora canopy and tilray. I think i will put some money into this fund also. Since it has all the top MJ companies

1 Like

@Rayofsunshine @dbrn32 @Farmacist RT now with stock market highs I feel the individual stocks are benefiting from the overall buoyancy of the market esp cannabis and tech. With that said I would keep and eye on the bond market as a leading indicator for index performance. I keep the confederacy of dunces (msnbc talking heads) on the back burner. They want to direct your attention to insignificant market events. A classic misdirection. Look over there but not here (where the heat map is). You can literally watch in real time some entity propping up bonds with market orders (who submits market orders???). Also who wants to tie up capital for 30 yrs with a measly 15 basis point spread between the 10yr yield???
One last thing would you consider the cannabis stocks to be commodities?

1 Like

@hangthebanksters ok fellow, I am going to take a shot at this. One disclaimer and very importantā€¦I am really high right now, so this may not make sense, lol.
As it relates to the bond market. I believe the bond market value far exceeds the stock market value. Meaning that the bond market has trillions of more dollars invested into it than the stock market. Correct?
Therefore, as interest rates increase on bonds we are witnessing an early indication of a lower demand for bonds and selling of bonds. Correct?
In essence, some of this money flows into the stock market and inflates prices broadly across the market. Some markets, like cannabis, may inflate higher due to optimistic, investor sentiment. I think?
At this point we are in agreement. Right?
I agree about the financial networks. They are a lot of hype in my opinion.
You ask, who submits market orders for bonds? I am under the impression that the Federal Reserve banks and International banks buy the majority of government bonds. I also believe that wealth funds and such also buy these bonds but they are a minority buyer.
Who wants to tie up capital in bonds? I surmise that only large entities do. The European Central Bank has been the only major buyer of European Union bonds as of late. I would assume that the US Federal reserve is the largest buyer of US bonds.
Are cannabis stocks the same as commodities? In my opinion, no. Cannabis is the underlying commodity. Cannabis stocks is basically a paper contract between myself and a corporate entity of which I have little control over or recourse.

1 Like

Question about my plant. She just isnā€™t getting those side branches on the side branches. I have like 6 branches from the main branch but those donā€™t seem to be growing branches on them is this a light issue? Meaning that the light just isnā€™t penetrating the canopy? Will the plant continue to grow branches in flower or dose vegetative growth slow in flower? I am asking because i am going to switch to flower on monday. It has been a 6 week veg so i think its time to make her pretty and put flowers in her hair :slight_smile:

i guess the correct language would be i have Secondary axis leafs but those are not providing the tertiarian (3 and 4 stems) they have leaf sites but just are not growing in.

Based on last pics you posted, she looks too squat to even be able to tell.

This is the start of week 7. I know alot had to do with not having my ph right. But she is taking off now i am going to put her into Flower tomorrow.

this is what i mean the terrarian branches are just now starting to sprout.

It looks like i have 6-8 branches for colas

2 Likes

Looks pretty normal to me.

1 Like

I guess its basically me lol. I read the book watched some videos and posted on the forum. Wouldnā€™t that make me a pro lol. Its my first grow in 10 years and I shoot for the moon. The grow has taught me alot and i am still learning. Now i just need to hown my skills. She will go into flower on monday and in 8 weeks i will have some meds of my own in the jars. Thatā€™s the next class for me how to properly cure the bud. The last time i grew my weed tasted like grass and not the good kind. But that is 8 weeks away so i am not going to worry now.

2 Likes

I would veg for a bit longer to increase potential yields

1 Like