Pros help - are my Autos too small?

Amazing feedback - I learned something new - cant wait for my next auto grow :wink:

So much info online and much conflicts each other!! Really interested to see how this latest trim effects by babies.

Thanks much!!

3 Likes

Yeah, I suspect that has to do with people doing too much, or not accounting for genetics. I’ve had a couple seeds now of the same strain from the same breeder and one was obviously doomed from the start. It may have something to do with that - folks assuming because they killed one auto doing something, that no autos can handle it. I listen to @Nicky and other auto pros about how much they can take. So far it’s paid off.

2 Likes

Quick update - defoliation did nothing negative as you all said it wouldn’t!! Buds are growing slowly, especially in the middle plant, but still developing. Hopefully they get another 3-4 weeks of growth. Genetics probably have something to do with it as well, also seeds were siting in my house for 6-7mo before I got to them. Will make sure not to make that mistake again.

2 Likes

That has no bearing on them at all. Some folks around here grow out seeds they’ve had since the 70s. I actually deliberately bought seeds I knew were harvested in 2007. I just had it break ground last night and I’m so pumped. It’s an Afghan landrace strain.

Genetics have everything to do with it. Genes and environment. It looks like you’ve nailed the environment, so short of getting more lights, my only suggestion is get MKP (if you don’t already have it) or some other bloom booster while it’s flower stacking.

Also flowering is the slowest, hardest part of this. 8-12 weeks of flowering after you spent a solid 4-6 weeks growing it from veg. Also the reward is literally right there teasing you while it grows agonizingly slow

2 Likes

Yea - Using https://www.advancednutrients.com/products/big-bud/ & Flower Fuel - The Best Bloom Booster For Bigger, Heavier Harvests – Element Nutrients

Playing with the light heights although have 440w LED of decent quality lights on only 4 plants so I think its efficient although do have some of the older “purple LED lights” that I can add but thought it was an overkill.

I guess its just a waiting game now to see the final product. Bought some Northern Light & Amnesia Haze Autos for my next grow so at least I know Genetics should be solid and will fix some of the earlier mistakes this time around, especially in veg.

Thanks!

1 Like

Never too much light (unless you can’t combat the heat they generate) IMO.

1 Like

The heat isn’t a problem as they are LED and I have AC line tubing to the tent.

No risk of bleaching? Where would I mount, above or side? What about them being inferior light spectrum?

1 Like

I’d mount to the sides, personally. Every bit of light in all the angles, ya know? @dbrn32 may have diff. input about lighting, and always go with his recs. I’m not a lighting expert by an stretch. I’ve got 2 plants under 560 watts of LED and I wish I had more.

1 Like

Ok - added the 3rd light to the side, interested to see what difference it makes. Thanks

3 Likes

Hey looking great, I’m the same way I cut off what I thought was a lot today but still no where what I probably need. How old are yours, mine will be 8 weeks Monday. Just Updated thread take a look, good luck and thanks

2 Likes

If you fill up a 5 gallon bucket full of tap water and aerate it a bit it’ll dechlorinate itself in a matter of a day or so. I used to work with aquariums, same deal. Also using distilled is a complete blank slate so be prepared to add in all kinds of stuff to avoid deficiencies. I made that mistake early on thinking it was a better pH so it must be better. I used to use an airstone and a cheapo $20 air pump from walmart from the aquarium section. Not 100% neccesary if you don’t mind mixing it up every now and again for a bit.

3 Likes

That arrangement probably not going to hurt anything if you can manage temps.

3 Likes

I was using spring water and adjusting PH as I had several 5 gallon containers of them. I pulled the water quality test results of my local water - they are pretty good compared to other counties. Chlorine levels were pretty low at 2.9ppm although if I do start using tap - will get aerate before use… Thanks!!

Yes the are about the right size,

1 Like

@dbrn32 @Graysin - 3 days with the added light and all seems fine, turning them and moving around every day or so… Thanks much!!

3 Likes

Out of likes but they’re looking good! :sparkling_heart: keep it up, it’ll be time to harvest before you know it.

2 Likes

Update -

2 of the 3 (4th was a dud) look like they have 1 week left before flush - 3rd maybe 2 weeks… Wish they would have filled out more although hopefully will in next week. Thoughts? think I can squeeze out some more weeks from the 2?

1 Like

All sorts of good stuff. But I do disagree with this respectfully. I don’t top till the end of week 4 most of the time. I never count nodes. I top when they show me they are ready. Or earlier if I think they will grow to fast to split before hitting my scrog net. This is just me. but topping early has always got me a small plant. I know a lot here get away with it. So I think that basically. You will have to test a few to see how things work for you :grin: I do agree that autos can be for the most part. Treated like any other plant. Photo or other wise. :grin: I had one auto I would strip most of the fan leaves off only to have them re grown back right away. It was a fight to see who would win. Me or the plant :laughing:
Your girls are looking good Eli.

3 Likes

Hey that’s fine with me, growers all grow different!

3 Likes

Hey all - in the last 1-2 weeks before harvest (at least for 2 of the 3), I decided to switch my lighting to 24/0 and they seem to love it. Also, down to feeding no nutes, only water + unsulfured molasses + Vit C. Getting close to the end - cant wait to taste them. They didnt get as big as I wanted although on to the next grow!

3 Likes