Pros and cons of flushing

Would like to know what others think about flushing your plants. I have read where you should flush before you harvest. What are the positives in doing so? I know in vegetable gardening I do not or can not flush and the produce is very good, so what is the reasoning behind the practice. thanks to all those that are much more experienced than myself.

2 Likes

Flushing before harvest removes and reduces the level of salts present in the plant material at the time of harvest. The result you are looking for is smooth smoke with little or no harshness to the palate. If you are only making edibles then I wouldn’t even bother but lowering the salts in the plant does make a huge difference in the quality of the finished flower. My last grow was in RDWC and is without a doubt the finest cannabis I’ve ever had. The ash is white and the smoke is like breathing air.

2 Likes

Want a pleasant tasting smoke?

FLUSH FLUSH FLUSH…it will remove the horrible nasty putrid harsh throat searing chemicals…AND…leave a soft easy hitting pleasant smoke.

1 Like

This is a interesting read.

I grow organically in soil, I do like watering a couple times with plain water before harvesting buds, however, I don’t flush the soil.

1 Like
1 Like