Proper usage/mixing of pH treated H2O/feed

How soon must I use, OR How long can I store water that has been:

A) treated with pH up or down
b) mixed with nutrients
C) both mixed with nutrients & treated with pH adjuster
…how long will it stay at the right pH level? I am wanting to see if I can do all my pH balancing and nutrient mixing ahead of time so I can store the water for future use…

That’s not a good idea. Sorry, but the ph will go back to where it started in only a few days. As for nutes, they are best mixed fresh and can’t be stored for any period of time.

3 Likes

@raustin is right… not a good idea to store nutrient water or water that has been adjusted to the right ph… not a good practice and will lead to issues that aren’t necessary… :wink:
We all love to cut corners when we can , but this isn’t one of them… mix as you need… :wink:

:v::sunglasses:

4 Likes

so how can people who use dripper system s or hydraponics set up thy sort of leave it for days in a tank is that OK because thy have oxygen pumps etc. I use air pumps in my water or feed mix to put oxygen into my water. May do nothing may do something am trying it this time and i think it helping my plants recover better so 2 are about to get a low dose of nutrients for first time i am using a 3part grow microwave and bloom with some call msg also used great white shark powder through the soil wen planting the seeds which i think some job too well that’s why my babies got so sick so fast. And recovery is going great on 2 and the 3rd a little slower than the other 2 but is recovering none the less.

How big is your reservoir?
If you only have a couple of plants then there is no need to have a big tank of nutrients or water sitting around…
I run rdwc systems and change out my water and nutrients every 14 days …
So I’m not saying that you cant , but if you only have a couple of plants its better to mix and ph as needed… all nutrients are different so some store better then others , but it’s not recommended… :wink:

2 Likes

@peachfuzz is absolutely right on this !!!

1 Like

I made that mistake with my last grow, kept biogrow/water mix for about 4days and then used it my god, when i fed plain water next go it came out smelling like s#@t no lie, i had to flush the pot twice just to get the smell to go away, when i harvested said plant and tipped the pot out i was almost sick a little :anguished:

Definately mix as i need now even if that means having 7 2litre milk bottles laying around overnight :joy::joy:

i meant to say i have a D.I.Y SYSTEM i built myself a dripper system that i was going to use on these babies once thy are all healthy and growing better for now am hand feeding but i will hope to use my system once i figured out a couple things first. Might not even get a chance to use it on this grow but might get it up and running for next time just need to wait and see. But i think my tank is either 50litres or 70 to 80l not long in finished the building so haven’t actually filled it up to see how much it holds. But it all water proof and my water pump works fine just not enough to pump water out all the dripper system at same time so i bought another pump so i have air pump and a water pump need to figure out how to add it all together. I can use it as a gravity fed system but not efficient enough yet so i bought a small water pump which i am assuming is perfect not to big indact it fits in my hand easily size of a golf ball. Once i figure out how i can hook it all up together or without my timmer pump Thn al be ready to go and hopefully grow some huge ass bugs.

1 Like

@Hogmaster @peachfuzz @raustin

Hey folks,
I have a similar question that is probably best asked in this existing thread.

— I have noticed that when I mix H2O2 (the diluted stuff you get from the average grocery store) with water, it usually brings down or at least alters the pH of the water. ???CAN I MIX PH UP/DOWN WITH WATER & PEROXIDE???

???CAN I MIX PH UP/DOWN WITH PEROXIDE, Water, & NUTRIENTS (ex:fox farm) all in the same jug???

???If no, can I water with peroxide and water from one jug, then water with nutrients mixed with PH up/down from another jug right after???

Why do you want to do this…? explain what your trying to do… is it for bugs…? oxygen to the roots …? what’s your purpose…?
Then I can give a better answer to your question… :wink:

1 Like

Well I’ve always used some peroxide to help loosen the soil, keep flys down, and in general I’ve heard it’s good for plants. Motivations aside, objectively speaking- can I do what I asked in the first two questions? Unless you totally do not recommend using peroxide in watering the plants…which If that’s the case it’s the first time I’ve heard that …

No it’s a good practice… just not a constant practice… :wink:
So why are you mixing water from a store and water from your faucet?
Your just creating problems that way… how is any of that accurate…?
Hydrogen peroxide is a little acidic , so of course it will change ph… but if your mixing water then your ph will be different every time as well…
Hydrogen peroxide will also add to ppm by a few numbers… that’s why I’m asking why you want to add it to your waterings…?
It’s good… just not all the time… Also if added at to high of strengths , it will kill all of your good bacteria in your soil… :wink:
Its really for people in hydro that cant keep a handle on temps and humidity… in soil its really just to kill bugs… but it kills everything also… good and bad… :wink:
Hence… why do you want to add it to your waterings… ?:wink:

If I don’t know what your trying to build… then I can’t help you build it… :wink:

Don’t think we r on same page @peachfuzz, Sry if I was vague …the only water I use is distilled water, nothing else…I’m wondering if I can mix distilled water, peroxide, nutes, & ph up or down all in the same jug…the peroxide is purchased Already watered down (h2o2 from pharmaceutical isle at store) and I don’t use peroxide in every watering & I know how much to use when I do…But that’s beside the point…Hopefully that clears it up a little better

No… if adding hydrogen peroxide… then thats it… and I would only add 16 oz of 3% hydrogen peroxide to a gallon of 0 ppm and 5.5 to 6.5 ph water and I would only add it every other 3 to 4 waterings… with nothing else… :wink:
Depending on strength of mixture… your either killing everything in the soil or your just adding a little more oxygen to the roots… if that’s the case then I would only use 8 oz of 3% hydrogen peroxide for every gallon of good ph’d water and still only water maybe every 3 to 4th watering… :wink:
But you must understand that your creating a sterile environment… and that’s really not what your trying to accomplish in soil… totally different scenarios… :wink:

3 Likes

IWhen using peroxide I will usually use 5% h2o2, and the rest 95% will be distilled water. I use nutrients every other watering and I use peroxide every other watering…So instead of combining them into one watering I will continue to alternate nutrients and peroxide like I have been doing…I was basically just worried about too many elements in one jug becoming a problem…

Ill start balancing ph with my peroxide:distilled water only from now on. Tnx!

1 Like

That’s basically what I was recommending… dont use them together… I might feed , next time just water and next time after that I would use the hydrogen peroxide and water mixture… then start the whole process over again… :wink:

2 Likes

Tnx for the speedy feedback! Much appreciated!

2 Likes

Anytime my fellow cultivator… :wink:

3 Likes