Proper spacing for growing in ground

Fennel plants are hard to find… can you start them from seed? I know we let ours go to seed the first few years and we have those little suckers everywhere now LOL

5 Likes

I was just going to say the same thing. I had a rental in college that had fennel in every spot it could grow. That shi* was crazy how it would seed. I would call it noxious weed status. Those seeds would pop up in sidewalk cracks and mess the foundation up like bamboo. Woooh did that open my eyes. Never a seed in 17 springs seasons at this place. I am more scared of fennel than murder hornets. Ha.

Maybe if blackjack black licorice gum was your favorite flavor.

I guess I am blessed my kids hate pole beans. Thanks for tip all.

5 Likes

Yeah, we had Chard in the garden and I didn’t think too much of it until a few days ago… It’s still growing and about togo to seed from last year and there are aphids all of them! Ack! So today, all of the Chard is going into the burn pile, I’ll treat the soil a few times before I bring the girls outside to the garden. We didn’t eat that much of the chard anyway LOL.

6 Likes

Did you all know if you have any ants around your garden they we take aphids eggs put on your plants so they we eat your plants and they can harvest there dropping it has something they love in it can’t remember the name of it

2 Likes

I always have some :ant: :ant:, but not on the plants. I usually plant marigolds around the greenhouse, but had so many things going on last year I didn’t take care of things like I should of. :face_with_spiral_eyes:

2 Likes

@Reed71, it’s called honeydew. I’ve seen them doing that, they herd the aphids like cattle and bring them into their nest at night. It’s disgusting but really cool at the same time. Ants are amazing creatures.

2 Likes

I wonder if ants remove plants they don’t like? Every time I plant the borders of my food raised beds with marigolds the little black ants kill them. They swarm them and chew off all the leaves leaving a dead stem. They never touch my food or canna so I just let them be. The only time I see the ants is when I plant marigolds and they come out almost immediately to kill them. I would not have noticed that if I wasn’t high; know what I mean. Cannafocus🔍

4 Likes

@noddykitty1, my sand bar forest is ant heaven. They play a big role in the forestry though breaking down all the dead wood faster. They haven’t been a big problem in my garden or for my marigolds so far. I’ve lost a few plants but I think it was because it was right on top of an anthill or too close by.

3 Likes

High,
Welcome to a great place to learn. I’ve had plants 6-10 foot tall and wide. I’ve supercropped and had them really take off. So in short they take up as much space as you will let them. There are 8 plants in this 25 ft long 10 Ft wide garden.
Happy growing,
Ger

3 Likes

@Gerant
Every time I see your grow I smile. Your garden is awesome; a real statement grow. You are my hero. I feel like I am “in the closet” with my outdoor grows here. I would love to be able to grow out front like that. I would be so proud of them that way.

4 Likes

High,
Thank you. I love growing marijuana!
Happy growin,
Ger

1 Like

Welcome, and that depends on the strain you grow and your environment. I like no less than 6 feet between an average sized plant to prevent them from shading each other out. For larger types it would be wise to consider them small apple trees.

7 Likes

@Cannabian
High,
How many times did you fim that girl?
Happy growin
Ger

1 Like

@Cannabian you going for another jumbo this year?:100: @Gerant you going to have your garden again this year? :sunglasses:

1 Like

High,
I sure am. Got 32 little ones going right now. I have 25 already taken and others will go leaving me a few so we will “Sea” what happens. I love growin marijuana. It is a great hobby with very cool benefits.
Happy growin
Ger

3 Likes

Wow! :star_struck: what’s it like to walk down that side walk

1 Like

High,
Come October and early November it’s pretty smelly! Other than that it’s a great place to sit and enjoy the grow.
Happy growin
Ger

2 Likes

Um… none. I dont think I even topped it actually.

1 Like

Yes and no… the price of food has me replacing square footage of cannabis with veggies. I will be growing, just maybe not as much as normal

2 Likes

One pace for autos, 2 paces for photos.