Proper LED Lighting for 4x4

Do one and the king if you can, it will pay for itself in the first harvest.

They didn’t make rspec when I got mine else I wouldn’t need far red supplement

1 Like

Here’s my setup. Four plants, 2 HLG Rspec quantum boards (I don’t think they are XLs.)

I pull 360 watts for everything in my tent. Lights, fans, humidifier, everything,…

4 Likes

Those look great, I’m thinking of getting one for now and another later on. Would one and the King led be fine? I’m not sure about even spacing though for light distribution

1 Like

@MidwestGuy You don’t have the 260xl. They can have 3 QB’s on each aluminum panel.

1 Like

Lights not dialed up @MidwestGuy?

Those are ~$370/light (V2 model, as opposed to the $270 V1), right?

1 Like

No. I’ve got them dialed back a bit while the plants are still young. Full on power draw for everything in the tent is 670 watts. Here’s a full power pic.

2 Likes

I went back and checked their “propaganda page” to see if I’d made a mistake… sort of.

So, I amend my statement. One would need 3ish of these lights for a 4’x4’. @250w ea.

I still think 2 qb260xl either v2 or r spec would be perfect in that sized tent.

3 Likes

@dbrn32 is the man to ask. 2 260xl respec will work for a 4x4.

3 Likes

I wasnt even sure of true wattage until I thru a meter on the one I use

1 Like

Get yourself a 630w cmh. You will not regret it. I have a 315w cmh in a 2x3 tent and am pulling over 10oz off a single plant

1 Like

That King LED light may say 185 at the wall but all that isn’t going to usable plant light. That light has active fans and also watts lost to heat. Maybe 100watts of actual photosynthetic light.

2 Likes

A great option is 4 288 boards. @crash1211 look at HLG and look at the 288 v1 and v2 boards. If you do the DIY route which is just as easy, you will save quite a bit of money.

1 Like

Welcome @crash1211 you can buy one HLG 260 XL to add with the light You already have ,later on down the road when money gets better you can add the second one. Good luck with your grow.

1 Like

What are you looking to harvest in terms of dry buds?

2 Likes

I run a 4x4 tent with the 260xl Rspec kits x 2. They fit perfectly in a 4x4 and you can still raise and lower the lights with ease. You can almost put these light kits to the very top of your tent. Best investment ever.

3 Likes

Sorry for the delay guys hit my new member reply quota

Are the differences between V1 and V2 substantial? I could use the king led to supplement red light

Not sure if I should grab one or two of those QB’s.

dbrn32 Im not sure all my girls are Super Lemon Haze, in a 4x4 ILGM said I could expect 18-24 oz. But as its my first time im sure it wont be that much.

Thanks for all the advice so far you guys are great!

3 Likes

I know growers that harvest like that out of 4x4 tent, but they are using a lot more light. The difference between v1 and v2 is about 5.8% higher efficacy on the v2 boards.

what about one mars hydro ts 3000 for a 4x4?

My preference is to have multiple small(er) lights as opposed to a single large(r) one. One reason is that you won’t need all that coverage when your plants are just starting out, so you can run fewer lights until flower. Another reason is flexibility is layout and height. Lastly, redundant systems are nice. If one light breaks, it shouldn’t be a huge problem while you wait for a replacement.

1 Like