Proper humidity

I have to water today. I mixed nutrients from the last watering and have 1/3 of a gallon left from about a week ago. Should I use it or toss it? I have self watering pots they hold 2/3 of a gallon it lasts from 4 to 7 days before the next watering!! I highly recommend these cause you can’t over or under water the plants!!!@Bobbydigital

My plant seems not to be getting bigger! It looks very healthy and the buds seem to be growing more, but the plant isn’t. It’s almost ready for another trim. Just watered it nutrients were at 6.5 ph. Sorry to bug you so much you give great advice!! You’ve helped so much. Still haven’t had a chance to get the solutions to calibrate my digital ph and tds meters. What do you think about the growth issue? If you don’t mind helping a bit more? I would really like to have a good potent first grow!! Thanks bro

She’s beyond the stretch stage. Her main focus is building buds now. What TDS meter did you get? Most tds meters don’t need calibrating.

SIM Pure. The leaves are growing back nice. I only trimmed very little. The buds are looking good but the plant doesn’t really have any odor. The instructions said to calibrate both meters. I thought the tds meter was already calibrated. I just have to get to the hydroponic store and get the solutions. Thanks again for responding to my text bro! You’ve been a great help to me!! God Bless!! Stay safe…

1 Like

I’ve had plants that have had hardly any odor even at harvest and I’ve had some that stink while still in veg. It’s kind of a toss up

My tops look great some have clear resin. One the pistils are turning brown. The resin is still clear. There are quite a few small tops. Do you think I will have to harvest the buds that are ready and leave the smaller buds to mature more. I don’t know if that’s a possibility? They smell nice up close. I think it was a sativa plant. Pretty sure!! She’s drinking lots of water!! I’m watering every 3 to 4 days now. I need help here I want a 50/50 off milky and red. I don’t know about the harvesting much?

Got any recent pics?

Not yet I can take some now but I can’t drag the plant out. I don’t have the camera attachment for my phone. I’ll get as close and clear as I can.

there’s not much on this plant. I’ll be lucky if I get 2oz

1 Like

Oh you got time. Probably a couple weeks still. Should hit her final swell in the next few weeks.

1 Like

Do you think I’ll get more than 2oz’s? I still couldn’t calibrate my ph meter. I have to get more solutions and try again. They’re just cheap Chinese shit!! I wanted to get the one you have but I didn’t have enough money. I’m going to grab one of the magnifying cameras too! I’m gonna see it I can swing both this week. Can you give me the name brands for the ph meter and the camera? I appreciate your help as always great advice!! Thanks Bobby!! Bam Bam

1 Like

I forgot my humidity is anywhere between 50%and 60% the temp I keep right around 75° it gets up to 80 once in a while. I bring it right back down to 75 ish.

1 Like

The ph meter

https://www.amazon.com/Apera-Instruments-AI209-Waterproof-Accuracy/dp/B01ENFOHN8

The clip on phone lens

https://www.amazon.com/Xenvo-iPhone-Camera-Lens-Clip/dp/B01A6D2JVI/ref=mp_s_a_1_1_sspa?dchild=1&keywords=xenvo+pro+lens+kit+for+iphone&qid=1593556953&sprefix=xenvo&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEzUldPOTFKWlQ3SERMJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwMDc5NzE4MUVERUZFV1daTVExVSZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwOTExOTU0MVJRVjhDU1hHWkdXRyZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX3Bob25lX3NlYXJjaF9hdGYmYWN0aW9uPWNsaWNrUmVkaXJlY3QmZG9Ob3RMb2dDbGljaz10cnVl

2 Likes

Thanks bro!! Your a good man!!

2 Likes

The lens does a really good job

1 Like

That’s awesome to see that. I have to get one soon. Is there any benefit to flushing the plant and hanging it upside down to cure oppose to trimming the buds and using a herb dryer?

1 Like

Flushing has a big benefit in reducing harshness if you’re using liquid nutes. In organics, flushing is not necessary.

I have tried hanging wet trimmed, hanging untrimmed and cutting it up and drying buds separately

Hanging the whole plant (wet trimmed or untrimmed) have produced the stronger terps. Breaking the buds up and drying produced more subtle terps but also produced the smoothest smoke.

You won’t cure while drying. Curing is done in sealed jars/containers after the plant is dry

1 Like

Which did you like best? Was one stronger in THC than the other? You can tell me about curing if you wouldn’t mind? Your a good teacher and I’ll have my camera attachment Tuesday and get some good pics to show you!! Thanks bro!! Great help as always! Bam Bam

1 Like

The plants that were hung whole have been more potent. Didn’t notice a difference between wet and dry trimmed. Except dry trimming is a pain in the ass. For curing, after the plant is dry (7-10 days) it’s cut up and placed in jars with mini hygrometers. If your hygrometers are reading over 70% humidity the plant needs more time drying. I aim for close to 62% humidity. Then you just burp the jars (remove lid and exchange air) a couple times a day for a week or 2.

However, I tried an experiment with an amnesia haze that I did. I put half the plant in the jars at 70% humidity and half at 63%. The 70% took about 3 or 4 weeks to make its way down to 62% but the terps in those jars were quite a bit stronger that the jars that started at 63%.

2 Likes

Thanks bro!! It’s going to be a while before I get to smoke some of my bud!! I’m bumming. I’ve been dying to test my grow. The suspence is killing me lol

Hardest part of growing; enjoying your work. There will be some small larf buds that will grow at the bottom of the plant that serve well as “test samples”.