Proper cleaning after plant hermie

Unfortunately one of my plants went hermie and self pollinated on me. Whats the proper way to clean grow tent to avoid any issues with my next grow? Is there a cleaner already mixed up in a spray bottle thats sufficient or do i have to make my own mix? Thanks

1 Like

I use 99.9% alcohol. Put in a spray bottle.

1 Like

The Miracle solution of water mist and high humidity will inactivate any released pollen. Mist the tent down and run the humidity up as high as you can for a short period of time…Just the mist of water will do it, let it evaporate and do it again and wipe down with a white papertowel, look for a yellowish tinge to the PT…

5 Likes

Thank you @Pet_de_Chien. See, I learned something today!!! Never too old to learn. I have always used alcohol.

2 Likes

Whats PT stand for?

1 Like

paper towel

1 Like

Doh ok thought it was something scientific for a second lol

1 Like

Yes… Alcohol works too…we all look beyond the simplest solutions… its the human in us.
The high humidity of for the fans etc…just don’t hold it high to a point of condensation.

1 Like

I work at a grow store and 99.9 alcohol is plentiful!!!

1 Like

Will the high humidity work on light fixtures fans etc?

My point exactly Chief!..don’t wanna play with IP67!

Ive had a few grows hermie on me. I always do my cleanup after every run regardless. I use diluted bleach water and soap. Wipe the whole tent down then let it dry then follow up with colorox disinfectant wipes and wash the ac infinity pre filter. After that i let the fans run for 2-3 days to air out. This usually leaves the tent smelling like a hospital.

1 Like

Thats basically what i did today. Thanks

2 Likes