Propagation of ILGM seeds

What’s the best way to prop. ILGM seeds?

I take a cup of room temperature water with a couple of drops of hydrogen peroxide and place my seed into that water. I place the cup of water with seed on my germination heating mat. Make sure it is in a dark place. after approximately 2 to 7 days the seed will sink to the bottom of the cup. After that it will crack open and start to sprout a tail. Once the tail is an eighth to a quarter of an inch long you can place the seed into your starter soil. Place the seed around a quarter of an inch deep in the soil. Lightly cover the seed with your starter soil. With pH water between 6.3 and 6.8 you Mist the soil. Place a dome over your seeds and soil. Mist approximately 2 times a day. You want a humidity of between 70 and 90% I believe. After that they should start to take off and break through soil. Some other people have other methods and I’m sure they will post. You’ll just have to experiment and see what works best for you. Hope it helps. Have a nice morning

3 Likes

Thanks! Getting my dome ready…

1 Like

@Olddog2270 I just use water in a cup nothing less nothing more they should pop in 24-48 hours sometimes a little longer

4 Likes

Thanks man! My first “real” grow in over 20 yrs, got busted last time…6/6/96…:joy:, ) long story short things are changing here in the sunshine state. As a medical mj patient still illegal to grow, but none one really gives s hoot anymore. Back to seeds, just been doing seed o much research and just want to keep it all simple as possible…I’m freaking excited!!!:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::sunglasses:

1 Like

I use room temp water with a couple drops of 3% hydrogen peroxide and leave the seeds in the water until they form a tap root. Then I put them in moist rapid rooters and under a dome until they sprout :v::bear:

2 Likes

Thanks dude…I’m on the right track!

2 Likes

Seeds popped yesterday and put them in jiffy starter pods. I have my dome in utility room with water heater temp is great 79-83°F, but the highest I can humidity is 51°. Tried placing large bowl of water with rag in it, didn’t do much. Live on beach, house isn’t insulated much…

1 Like

That’s excellent! All you can do is the best you can do to create the best environment for your girls. Right now I’m battling super low humidity and growing in a cold basement. Your lower humidity will be something to keep an eye on. Maybe you could set up a little humidifier somewhere? I don’t know? if it becomes a problem I’m sure some of the other members can jump in who have similar situation as yourself. But if you get them growing healthy and they seem to do okay in the low humidity I would just keep trucking. Good luck and have a nice morning

1 Like

Bro I’m probably just a little panicky…this is Fl…lol. land of humidity! I’m sure I’ll be complaining once they really start doing their thing!:joy::joy::grinning:

1 Like

Too funny. Yeah I know it seems to be if it isn’t one thing it’s going to be another. You’re off to a great start it looks like. Keep up the good work remember ask questions if you got them.

1 Like

Word, thanks man!

1 Like

you keep them in a dark place?

1 Like

Yup…I think just drafty previous couple of days…cold front came through…my meter is holding at 61 Rh now.

1 Like

Sometimes but it’s not always when I do it but you should

Will do. Thanks.