Project: Increase the lighting footprint with bridgelux light strips

Need me a neighbor as considerate as u are :joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

Hahahaha, right on! From pic they look a little hungry maybe too, could be lighting though.

1 Like

@dbrn32 Iā€™ve been feeding them every 3days with this schedule, plus a few extras like oilycann, occasional godsillica, etc. I thought they were hungry as well so stepped up the grow/bloom once to no effect. If you look under the top most layers of leaves, the lower ones are all nice and green. Bottom of canopy looks great. Iā€™m assuming itā€™s just light bleaching.

That looks like the 3lb recipe I follow, only itā€™s missing hygrozyme.

Haha. This stuff?

Itā€™s one of the ā€œetcā€. I put in 8ml/gallon with every feed.

1 Like

Thatā€™s the stuff lol. Probably somewhere following that chart huh?

2 Likes

Youā€™re hitting part of schedule thatā€™s calling for more grow right?

1 Like

Yes. Although I doubt Iā€™ll see anything near 3lbs. Iā€™d be exctatic with 1lb.

As far as the earth juice nutes, I like them so far. The smell got the thumbs down from the girlfriendā€¦ and Iā€™m growing in the basement.

1 Like

Yes, giving them boatloads of grow.

2 Likes

I meant 3 little birds haha. A pound will do for sure.

I never really had too much of an issue with the ej after moving to that schedule and adjusting some for lighting. One of the major differences youā€™ll see is using the oily cann vs calmag. You have no nitrogen while calmag has a butt load. So what you see most correcting with calmag you wonā€™t exactly get same results by throwing the oily cann at them. Youā€™ll likely need to extend beyond recipe a little with a nitrogen source.

1 Like

Iā€™m going into week 6 and am hesitant about nitrogen. I have cal-n-mag as well as oilycannā€¦ should I use it next feed?

How about the flush. Just water or should I use an agent like florakleen? I donā€™t want to !@#$ it up at the end.

1 Like

Earthjuice organic? I was planning guano n earthworm casting teasā€¦

1 Like

Projected flowering time is 8 weeks or how long?

Iā€™ve never used a flushing agent. Have gone straight water and have done a mixture of molasses and Epsom salt.

2 Likes

8-9 weeks. I add 20ml unsulfered molasses to 4gal ever other feed during flower.

Earthjuice is not truly organic, but close. All my feeding is with nutes bubbled with h2o for 48 hours.

2 Likes

Iā€™m pretty sure the line youā€™re using is organic. It was omri listed until not too long ago, and they didnā€™t make any changes to that line that I know of. I think what happened is that some of the omri requirements changed and they opted to keep their recipe the same.

Iā€™ve noticed they have more products now, so maybe some of them arenā€™t organic. But last I seen the originals still used organic bases.

2 Likes

So now Iā€™m thinking about eliminating the Roleadro cobs from this setup and replacing them with 5 more light strips. Iā€™d be putting them on a .125"x8"x46" piece of aluminum and mounting that between the other light strips. @dbrn32. Iā€™d once again be using the longer Bxeb-l1120z-30e4000-c-b3 strips. Iā€™m assuming the HLG-240H-C1050 would be the best driver? Iā€™d like to get around 220-230w in addition to the 180+w thatā€™s already in place. Giving me 400w to light a 48"x30" Scrog. I figure this is the least expensive way to do it @ around $225ā€¦

You have the same roleadro cobs as @Screwauger?

Heā€™s going to be replacing the leds with citi 1212ā€™s soon.

I have the 2nd gen Roleadro cobs. Non Cree. https://www.amazon.com/Roleadro-Spectrum-Function-Generation-Flowering/dp/B01I4NY8KW/ref=asc_df_B01I4NY8KW/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=216531753338&hvpos=1o1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=13192528831591474014&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=t&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9003089&hvtargid=pla-349962581519&psc=1

Whatā€™s the cost to replace the leds on 2 lights? How many watts and what spectrum? Can one easily just swap out the leds and reuse the drivers/case/heat sinks?

The Roleadros have been used for 1 grow. Unless thereā€™s a huge improvement switching out the leds at a lower cost, Iā€™ll probably stick to the light strips and try to sell the roleadros. Convince me otherwise :+1:

Iā€™m not sure thatā€™s same light he has or not. If it is, seems like fairly easy replacement. Thereā€™s 4 drivers inside you use one for each cob and remove 2. I think itā€™s a pretty significant upgrade. Probably close to same amount of light for half the power. Theyā€™re available in just about any color temps youā€™d like. If you were to go that route, youā€™d have two extra drivers to play with as well.

Hmmmm, if all I need are 4 cobs (2 lights, 2 cobs ea). Itā€™s seems pretty cheap.