Problems with my babies please help me

Hi guys I have a few problems, here is a picsof my plants
There is 1 plant out of 3 thats doing ok but the other 2 can’t, looks like heat stress, but I’m knot sure if it’s something else
image|374x500

Heat and nitrogen it looks like to me. What are you feeding??

1 Like

H&G cocos a b, they in coco and are in 27 litre air pots
Have flushed with ph 5.8 water with quarter strength nutes yesterday still same

1 Like

@RogerRammjet what is the humidity? And how close is the light?
Most of the time when the leaves canoe it’s just a humidity issue. It’s not something to be overly concerned with.
When flowering, you want the humidity as low as you can get it. Keeps the mold away, and the trichomes production up.

2 Likes

If you aren’t sure if it’s heat maybe raise your lights up even a few more inches just in case?Sort of hedge your bet? Put your hand over the canopy of your girls. Count to 30. If it feels hot then you will need to raise your lights. A rule of thumb is if it’s too warm for the back of your hand then it’s too warm for your girls. Good luck and enjoy your grow! Have a nice morning everyone.

3 Likes

That bottom pic sure looks to me like heat stress and here is a pic on why I say that. Has or have you had high temps in your grow room ?

Now for the other It looks to me like

Potassium

Potassium (K) Mobile Element and Macro Element

Potassium plays a big role as well. Having good amounts of potassium in your
plants helps in having sturdy and thick stems, disease-resistance, water
respiration, as well aids in photosynthesis. Potassium is also found in the
whole plant. It is necessary for all activities having to do with water transportation.
Potassium is necessary for all stages of growth, especially important in the development of Buds.

Having to little of Potassium in your plants causes the plants leaves to show
retarded growth and show a scorched tip and edges around the leaves. Plants may
stretch and your branches can be easily broken or weak. Don’t get this deficiency
confused with iron, because it almost acts like iron but to tell the difference
in the two is: for potassium the tips of the leaves curl and the edges burn and die.
Older leaves may show a red color and leaves could curl upwards. Dead patches (Necrosis)
can happen on the margins of larger fan leaves thus, the leaves will eventually die
off and turn brown. The Older leaves will show different patches of color (mottle)
and turn yellow between the veins, following by whole leaves that turn dark yellow
and die. The plants overall growth slows down, mostly when they are in vegetative stage.
To little amount of potassium also slows the growth of buds during flowering stages.
Dark edges will appear around the edges of the leaf when the deficiency is starting
to happen. When your Relative humidity is low, you can almost bet your going to soon
get a potassium deficiency from your plants perspiration.
Potassium can get poorly absorbed when having too much Calcium or ammonium nitrogen,
and maybe cold weather. Having to much sodium (Na) causes potassium to be displaced.
SO keep those in mind… Parts affected by a Potassium Deficiency are:
older leaves and leaf margins.

When you have too much Potassium in your soil, it can lead to big troubles, like
salt damage and acid fixation of the root system, as well as too much potassium
can cause a calcium deficiency. Your fan leaves will show like a light to a dark
yellow to whitish color in between the veins. Due to a molecular imbalance,
potassium toxicity can cause a reduced uptake and lead to the deficiencies of Mg,
and in some cases, Ca. Also leads to the other nutrients to not be absorbed properly
leading to lots of other deficiency such as: magnesium, manganese, zinc and iron and
can cause problems with calcium as well.

Problems with Potassium being locked out by PH troubles
Soils with excessive Leeching and High ph soils and or water.Soils that are
potassium fixated. An excess of kitchen salts (sodium) in the root system/enviroment.

Soil

Potassium gets locked out of soil growing at ph levels of 4.0-5.5
Potassium is absorbed best in soil at a ph level of 6.0-9.5. (Wouldn’t recommend having
a ph of over 7.0 in soil) anything out of the ranges listed will contribute to a Potassium deficiency.

Hydro and Soil less Mediums

Potassium gets locked out of Hydro and Soil less Mediums at ph levels of 4.0-4.5, 6.0-6.5.
Potassium is absorbed best in Hydro and Soil less Mediums at ph levels of 4.7-5.3, 6.7-8.5.
(Wouldn’t recommend having a ph over 6.5 in hydro and soil less mediums.) Best range for
hydro and soil less mediums is 5.0 to 6.0. Anything out of the ranges listed will contribute
to a potassium deficiency.

Solution to fixing a Potassium deficiency

Any Chemical/Organic nutrients that have potassium in them will fix a potassium
deficiency.
Again Peters All Purpose plant food 20-20-20, will cure the potassium deficiency ,
Miracle grow Tomato plant food, Miracle grow All purpose plant food.( Only mixing at
½ strength when using chemical nutrients, or it will cause nutrient burn!) Some other
supplements of potassium are: Wood ashes, which are fast absorption, Kelp Meal, which
is medium absorption, Greensand, which is slow absorption, granite dust, which is slow
absorption. Sulfate of Potash, Sulfate of Potash Magnesia, Muriate of Potash, which are
medium absorption. FOXFARM GROW BIG HYDROPONIC CONCENTRATE, which is fast absorption.
(FFGB can bring your ph down as well) Earth Juice Meta-K, which is fast acting.
(Can bring down your ph as well) Leaves will never recover, but the plant will show
recovery after about 4 to 5 days when using a fast acting nutrient.

Note: Wood Ashes, can make your ph go up a bit, so please monitor your ph when using it.
Now if you added to much chemical nutrients and or organics, (which is hard to burn your
plants when using organics) you need to flush the soil with plain water. You need to use
2 times as much water as the size of the pot, for example: If you have a 5 gallon pot and
need to flush it, you need to use 10 gallons of water to rinse out the soil good enough
to get rid of excessive nutrients.

4 Likes

I saw the Potassium right off but maybe fill out a support ticket to find out exactly what is going on.

COPY/PASTE the below list into your forum post.

Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so; Or post
NA (non applicable)

• What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed
  • Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF
  • Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, Troths
  • PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)
  • PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable
  • Indoor or Outdoor
  • Light system
  • Temps; Day, Night
  • Humidity; Day, Night
  • Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
  • AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
  • Co2; Yes, No

Always try to upload a clear picture of any issues you may have to allow the community to assist you.

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer should be included. Feel free to elaborate, but short and to the point questions and facts will help us help you in a more efficient manner :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yr in good hands but here is a chart that give u a ruff idea of wat to look for

o and the leafs curls up is definitely heat stress so move the light up

1 Like

Thanks it’s a lot to take in,
Strain is delicious candy ,
Nutrients is house & garden cocos a b
Plants are 4 weeks into flowering
I am in Australia and we r having a scorcher of a summer
Temps are anywhere from 30 celcius up to 40 during on time
Only gets down to 28 in off time
Have 2 fans and exhaust fan
Have a room next door that is in on at night and almost as bad, same strain .
I just can’t get the temp down it sucks
Flushed with calmg+ and quarter strength nutes the run off started at ec of 7.3 got it down to 2.4 after 40litres, will check tomorrow and post some pics, I was shocked when I saw how high the run off was, its a big job flushing for me, here r few picks of what normally looks like as have been growing this strain for a while

2 Likes

Also I water every 2nd or 3rd day as req
20 litres at a time between 3 of them
Ph is at 5.8 and ex is at 19-2.1
The light cycle is during the day (can’t change it as another room on at night )
The light is hps 600
The medium coco in air pots
No co2
No air conditioning
Here where I am the power is expensive
We pay $0.32 per kw
And $0.98 per day
Power bills are $1000 a quarter , its brutal with regular days up to 45 degrees day after day
I just water to waste

1 Like