Problems With Gorilla Glue Seed Germinating

Thanks man, you’re way more advanced than I am for sure. I started using this rig in the same kind of environment for starting veggies. It’s still in the teens here in early March too and with the house heating system drying everything out, this thing was cash!! Year after year, couldn’t miss. Starting growing weed this year and using it. Figured I’d pass it around for all. :v:

1 Like

My first grow brewing on day 29 GG Autos from IGLM. I know but it’s my first…

2 Likes

Dunno much about auto other then what I’ve read. Wanted to try some then after reading naw then I do then I don’t lol Can’t make up my mind on those man…

What state are you in? :thinking:

Let’s just say upper New England, weed is frowned upon here, but I’m growing for only the three of us, me myself and I. This state will following suit eventually.

2 Likes

What percentage of your seeds germinated.
Set-up looks good.

1 Like

I’m two for two on ILGM GG seeds. 4 out 5 with some seeds I picked up from a friend to start for him. It’s such a controlled environment for them with very little stress.

I purchased 10 seeds from IGM and approx 8 germinated. Great Grow!

I then purchased 20 GG from IGM and none germinated.
I then received 20 more GG from ILGM and none germinated
2 of the GG seeds did crack the shell but atrophied and never grew a root.

I then received 20 Gold Leaf from ILGM, attempted germination on 10 seeds and only one cracked shell in first 5 days( not looking good)
I just placed the final 10 Gold leaf for germination.
Seeds are in very controlled environment.

Warm 82-86 degrees
Moist- between dampened paper towels
Humid- inside sealed plastic bags with air trapped. Opened once daily.

I also had another grower attempt to germinate some of the same seeds and he was skunked also.
I will add that I did start some older seeds at the same time and had a 90% germination rate.
Seeds popped in 2-3 days and sprouted within 7 so I am convinced the that it is the poor seeds provided by ILGM and not the methodology. Unfortunately I want to grow new strains not repeat the same seeds over and over again.

I am happy your seeds germinated well.
Sooner or later ILGM is going to provide me with seeds that will grow.
Sorry for the rant,

2 Likes

Made a mistake on prior message. 1st 20 seeds were of Bruce Banner not GG.

Wow…that’s insane @Maui3659. Sounds like the folks at ILGM are taking care of you which is great. So your method is controlled as well, same bag type, same paper towel type and all that? I’m shooting darts here but how about the chems they use in the process of manufacturing the bag or paper towel? Have they been the same all this time?
I hope for you and ILGM’s sake you find out what’s going on. We all certainly dont want to go through what you are. Dang!
Please keep us all in the loop if you think of it.

Thanks!

Today the other seed germinated. So it’s only the first two that failed using the soak method.

2 Likes

Great hear…pulling for you :+1:

1 Like

this method worked for me.

1 Like

Awesome news!

1 Like

The only bright spot is that ILGM is right there to address my issues.
I really do appreciate their support.

3 Likes

Love the use of a cable box for some heat. That’s genius ingenuity work there. I love that kind of stuff, necessity is the mother if invention right?
:+1:

I have 3 seeds that germinated out of 19.
The strain is Gold Leaf.
Germinated within 48 hours.
Roots are not short and stout, but are 1/2 to 3/4 inch long and thinner than a hair follicle so I am not optimistic.
Question for all,
Will germinated seeds in soil sprout using florescent lights approx 4-6 inches above?
I have never used florescent lights but I might depending on the answer.
Thank you in advance.

Here is on of the best videos I have seen on germination.Seed Germination It is not rocket science. I firmly believe that the seeds from ILGM are not as fresh and robust as they could be. I have gone thru multiple batches of seeds with horrible results. I have used multiple methods and still the results are not acceptable. Certainly not for the cost you pay for the seeds. Watch the video and look at the seeds then compare to the seeds you have. Are your seeds deep brown and healthy looking or greenish and small. From that point how long it takes to germinate if at all. Once germinated look at the roots. Are they stout and healthy looking or long and stringy. The video really shows how simple the process should be and what top notch seeds look like and how they should perform.
Sorry for the rant but I am getting a bit perturbed by the results so far.

1 Like

Update on seed germination. Gold Leaf.
4 out of 20 cracked shell.
Today 1 has emerged from soil.
It may not sound like a big deal but I have been skunked lately and finally have reason to smile.
Daytime temp is 84 so great weather.
I have just started/ placed 4 GG between paper towels.
Maybe I am on a roll!

2 of the GG germinated.
In my opinion when a germinated seed looks like the image the odds of a healthy plant increase dramatically. Roots are short, stout and healthy looking. Seeds germinate in 2-3 days.
If half the seeds I received looked this good I would be a happy camper.

The prior seeds that germinated had roots the thickness of a hair and were 1/2 - 3/4 inch long. The 4 of 20 seeds that did germinate looked sickly from the get and I expect they will die or be so stunted I would end up pulling them.