Problem with pics loading slow

I’ve been having a issue when scrolling through threads. Whenever someone post pictures they don’t show up quickly. For those of you that are old enough to remember dialup internet that’s what it looks like waiting for picture to show up. It only happens on this site. It happens on my wifi and on provider network. Started doing this several days ago and seems to be getting worse. I’m not having this issue with any other application while streaming or other things that uses internet. I’m running a VPN, but I’ve always ran a VPN. I’m going to try to turn off VPN and see if that helps. I did a screenshot to illustrate what it looks like. Sorry to @neofirebird I used your thread to illustrate problem. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

2 Likes

Just turned off VPN, it didn’t help.

I have been having the same issue along with long uploading times as, well, I just figured it was my crapy internet shining through

1 Like

Thanks for replying. Like I said it’s not happening on any other site or application. @MattyBear @dbrn32 @Myfriendis410 have you guys noticed this or have you been made aware of any issues regarding this.

1 Like

Working fine for me, not sure what the issue would be.

@latewood, see first post in topic.

2 Likes

Thanks, I’m not sure either I don’t believe it is internet speed. I use Samsung Galaxy s10. I have a Samsung tablet, I’ll login from it and see if have same issue.

3 Likes

I’m on a desktop and no issues.

3 Likes

I’m on s9.

2 Likes

iPhone 11 here and no problems either…

2 Likes

Yeah, could be setting on phone. It just updated about a week ago. I’ve noticed in the past that when phone updates some settings get changed.

1 Like

I have the same problems on my lap top and my phone. Like @CoyoteCody, I figured it was my s**tty internet service.

1 Like

My guess it’s the size of the photo someone posts. This photo is 9 MB

Reduced size
419KB

1 Like

The answer I believe lies in the speed of the server at a given time. This usually doesn’t matter to most sites but if on a busy server OR the connection to the server is lagging we can notice this affect. I used to be IT guy computer Greek :joy:.
That’s my 2 cents. :grin:

1 Like

I have this problem once in a great while… I find climbing up on my roof and holding my phone way up super high stretched out like helps…
Don’t mention it!! :woozy_face::grin:

2 Likes

I notice this when I use my iPad to take the picture and I don’t control the size (mb) of the picture. I have only noticed it with one member and 2 photos I’ve taken. I’ve always just chalked it up to the size of the photo.

I just loaded the page and my bigger file size photo had only half showing and the smaller size was showing full. 5 seconds after the bigger file loaded.