Problem: Sugar Leaves Dying

This plant is in late flowering. I know some yellowing of fan leaves is normal but I’ve never had sugar leaves die like this. Some are entirely brown and just easily pull off. I couldn’t see any mold or any discoloring inside the bud but I don’t really know what I’m looking for if I’m looking for bud rot. The plant I’m concerned about is the tallest one.

Strain: Wedding Cake Autoflower from ILGM
Soil: Happy Frog
Vessels: 3 gal smart pot
PH: 6.4
PPM: Feeding NFTG. PPM is around 300-500
Indoor Grow
Light system: Mars Hydro TS 1000. About 6 inches above tallest bud
Temps: 71-75
Humidity:49-55
Ventilation system: 4 inch
AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier: All three
Co2: No

1 Like

It’s normal for plants to yellow later in flowering, but it looks a little excessive in this case. A support ticket could be helpful. I’m particularly interested in knowing your runoff pH and PPM.

A support ticket will help us help you. Can you please fill out a support ticket? Please include what type of water you are using.

COPY/PASTE the below list into your forum post.

Answer these simple questions the best you can.

If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so; Or post

NA (non-applicable)

• What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed

• Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF

Soil brand and type

• Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, Troths

• PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)

• PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable

• Indoor or Outdoor

• Light system

• Temps; Day, Night

• Humidity; Day, Night

• Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size

• AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,

• Co2; Yes, No

If growing Hydro some additional questions:

-DWC? RDWC? Autopots? Ebb and Flow? Other?
-Distance of liquid below net pot (DWC)
-Temperature of reservoir
-TDS of nutrient solution
-Amount of air to solution

Always try to upload a clear picture of any issues you may have to allow the community to assist you. Pictures taken under natural or white lighting are by far the best.

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer should be included. Feel free to elaborate, but short and to the point questions and facts will help us help you in a more efficient manner.

1 Like

I added the support ticket above. I was told to do slurry tests when growing with Nectar For The Gods. My last slurry for this plant showed 6.6 PH and 176 ppm. I am feeding NFTG Spartan regimen and feeding it the maximum recommended. Going in, PH was 6.4 and ppm was 570.

She’s so hungry she eating herself up which is normal but seems to be a little much… have you really inspected the buds to see how long she has left to go