Pro-mix premium all purpose mix

Went out searching for pro-mix and found this product at one of the big box stores. Thought it would do what I wanted but now that I’ve looked it up I see it has time release properties. Here is a link to it.

I’m getting ready to transplant my seedling into this… Good or bad idea?

4 Likes

Curious as to what others think as well. One side of me says it’s a big gamble going with time release. Especially since they don’t list any nutrient values. The other side thinks it will probably work fine, and you just found an easily sourced affordable growing medium.

2 Likes

I’m not a pro but I believe it’s ok however my dude @Countryboyjvd1971 maybe able to help let’s wait.

2 Likes

I sent an email to pro-mix asking what time release nutrients are in this bag. Waiting on response. It may not be answered until Monday I’m afraid.
While we’re waiting on that, when I do transplant should I add some root hormone to the bottom of the hole I’m going to transplant into?

3 Likes

time release fertilizer. I have seen two grows with issues using this soil in last few months.I would recommend you do not use it.

Anything with organic soil and nutrients with perlite is fine. My local true value stocks a couple generic potting soils with perlite that I have used recently with no issues!

@barry1 @Stoner_Cody420 @dbrn32 @Countryboyjvd1971

3 Likes

Mykos and Asos seem to be a popular combination for promoting root growth during transplanting. They have beneficial microbes that help increase the availability of nutrients in your soil.

1 Like

I’ve never used the promix my self but I do know they have different types of promix and some are not good for us
@Hogmaster and @latewood I believe use promix
I’ve heard good stuff on the promix but it needs to be the right one so hopefully one of those guys will see the tag and jump it @barry1
Good info @Ray4x
And thanks for the tag @bob31 sorry I can’t be of more help tho

I’m pretty sure you want ProMix HP or ProMix BX and not the all purpose mix. But we’ll wait until the experts chime in!

:v::evergreen_tree::evergreen_tree:

1 Like

Well call off the pros I got too excited and went ROGUE so I went ahead and transplanted into a four gal bucket adding distilled water and added 1ml of bloom and 1ml of calmag. Reason being everything I was able to find online was the time released nute in this Pro-Mix was N, and the mix is low in calcium and magnesium. I forgot to add a bit of root hormone. The pH out was 6.3 so I know to feed lower next time. I’ll try to contain myself next time.:smiley:

3 Likes

The exact ingredients are listed on the bag. I have never seen a ProMix with time release fertilizer in it. On the bag it say peat, perlite, vermiculite, wetting agent, dolomitic lime, and mychorrazae.

As far as I know and I know many experienced growers switching to Promix. There is no “BAD” Promix. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I use Pro Mix BX no nutes…works great dad always used it in the greenhouses to me there is no substitute .When I start seeds I do not want any type of nutes in it…plain soil is what i found to be the best for me anyway…

4 Likes

New to grow can i use pro mix all purpose soil Thanks

2 Likes

I am a little late but I have good luck with it sorry so late

1 Like

Thanks ,I am using it now with no issues so far. Gink

2 Likes

How long ha e you been using promix

So is promix all purpose mixgood enough to put germinating seeds in the soil and grow my plants all the way through from beginning to end just curious don’t want to waste my time if the soil is in good enough people say at this and add that I just want one soil that I can put my seeds in and grow from start to harvest

I’m not sure about seedlings. I use Jiffy seed starting mix and then transfer to Promix for the rest of the grow.

This is my second plant. I haven’t used anything else so I don’t have a comparison.

1 Like

Welcome to the community tesi.

2 Likes

I take a shot glass with half water other half 3% hydroperoxide soak overnight then into paper towel wait to see tap root open I wait for the taproot to get about a quarter inch long then I stick in the dirt and then grow from there is this soil good enough from that point on till the end of harvest I’m all new to this autoflowering stuff so I don’t want to waste money and time with seeds and waste money thank you