Pro-Mix BX Properties w Nutrients

What should the ph and TDS be with the Pro-Mix bx?

Thank you for taking the time to read my post

1 Like

Ph for your pro mix should be around 5.8-6.2. It can drift a few points either way to get all the nutrients. Tds will be based on which stage in life your plants are at.
( how much you are feeding them. ).
Usually no more than 1200-1500 ppm in full veg / flower if she’s aggressively growing. Seedlings shouldn’t need anything for a few weeks or till the cotyledons start to yellow / die off.
Happy growing and welcome to the forum :+1::grin::v:

There are a few you tube videos that go into more depth about this. :wink:

4 Likes

Hi Oldguy
Thank you so much for the information.
I have never really got into the TDS so I’m curious, what determines the TDS? And how do I measure; I mean do I measure my water/ nutrients before I apply or before and after?
I’m trying to figure out exactly how to ask what I’m looking to find out, if that makes sense…
If I knew more about TDS I would know what to ask.

1 Like

First off you will need a tds meter. Cheaper on amazon. Apera makes some for about $20. . I use a blue lab set. Bit pricey. Measures ppm of feed mix.
And yes. Measure your mix before you feed The plants will have a few weeks before needing a ( water to runoff ) to be able to check that. Smaller plants / less water feed.
Hope this helps a bit. And you’re in the right place to grow. Lots of helpful folks.
And ur replies are limited at first so don’t get discouraged ( To stop spammers. ) :+1::wink:

1 Like

Thank you so much. I did order the meter a few minutes ago.
I really look forward to this.

1 Like

If you want to tag anyone just put the @ sign in front of their name like this
@Mercury50. @Oldguy. And they will get notification. Peace for now :v:

1 Like

10-4 good buddy

1 Like

@Oldguy has you covered @Mercury50
With any grow media your ph and ppm is going to be important. I use promix and so far have been lucky enough to keep my girls alive
5.8-6.2 is a good range. But there are some on here that go a touch higher.
If you have more questions just ask

1 Like

@dragsterdad @Oldguy
Thank you so much. I’m already loving this site.

2 Likes

Good info here. Promix has series of short YouTube videos to help understand their products.

2 Likes