Pro co2 bucket?

Hey

so I’m slowly building a grow tent with the best equipment I can afford.
growers all know yeast and sugar create co2 and co2 mixed with light creates very productive, happy, and healthy plants. ultimately increasing the yield. what I’m wondering is if anyone has used the pro co2 buckets and what were the results?
I’m building a 4x4 grow space and wanted to know what ppl thought was the best method to add co2 to the atmosphere?
I am inexperienced with co2 and wanted to know people’s opinions.
I’m using a quantum board, 4x4 grow tent and 8’’ ac infinity T8 inline duct fan venting the stink right out the window.

Any tips would be really appreciated.

Thanks

I see @Hellraiser typing, and im betting we agree. I’m thinking you won’t need co2

3 Likes

You’d be venting the co2 out as well.

Most veteran growers will tell you not to bother with co2 unless you can do it right. If you’re exhausting out the window, you’re not doing it right.

Most people don’t even have enough light to take advantage of co2 enhancement. If you don’t have very high levels of light, there’s no point. Without a sealed room to contain the co2 in high concentrations, there’s no point. Better to just run a lot of fresh air thru your tent.

5 Likes

im using a sf4000 but never thought about containing it and cutting out the ventilation.
its a small space. 4x4 so I dont think the amount of light is a problem… @Hellraiser

Got to go with a sealed environment for co2 and if you’re gonna do all that, you go with a tank and regulator to have complete control over your co2 levels, not a bucket with sugar and yeast.

1 Like

i was inquiring about pro co2
i bought a tent for a reason…
i wasnt even gonna run a charcoal filter at first cause i run the vents to a window but ill run a filter outside the tent and open both vent holes and run fresh air with a oversize inline fan.
no. you dont need co2 but ppl that want the best results all use co2.
i know the theory i just havent finished the project yet so my results wont be in til next year.

@Hellraiser

1 Like

That’s not true.

It has been studied and reported multiple times with similar results. Amount of co2 plants require is directly correlated by ppfd average of the space. If you can maintain minimum air exchange, you won’t see diminishing returns until you exceed a ppfd average of around 800 umols per second. If you have less light than that, additional co2 is merely excess and won’t be used. It’s definitely not something that more is better, just extra.

If you want to run co2, get two sf 4000’s and get to where you can maintain 1000+ppm of co2. That is where it’s proven to be effective.

8 Likes

i plan on getting 1 pro co2 xl bucket and hanging it from the top of the tent thru veg and bloom.

1 Like

Good luck with it then.

3 Likes

I just hung up my ProCO2 in my 2x2x4. There are 4 pencil eraser sized holes in the top of the container. I blocked all the holes except a little bit of one of them. This my seedling looked like this.

I came home from work and it looks like this now!!

That’s what happens… Lol when your your plant sits in soil it grows… Lmao but yea the co2 bags an buckets its all personal preference… An not everyone can get a tank n all that sheet… An u need closed in area otherwise ull b venting co2 right out window … I let mine sit on floor n have exhaust pulli it up n outta tent . worked well… But goodluck man let me kno how the probucket works if u don’t mind…

@Hellraiser, could you elaborate and give some ideas. I’ve seen you stress this importance elsewhere several times, and have mentioned not to forget about night time, which especially has me puzzled. Thx!

2 Likes

CO2 levels in the basic atmosphere are about 400-500 ppm’s. Your plants intake CO2 and expel oxygen. The idea is to move the air out of the space and replace with new air, which will increase CO2 exchange into the space. Indoors with people and pets the CO2 levels can be even higher than what I previously stated. Ideally you would want to pull as much air from a area of your space that has as much human activity as possible. Some people will run intake Ducting from living areas of the house to help increase CO2 levels in grow space. Another advantage to running air through the space, is it can help with airflow around your plants and can possibly help prevent mold during flowering stage.

3 Likes

Hello my name kilo and I’m new to cultivating cannabis I decided to go with auto flowers I’m growing and Foxfarm ocean forest soil with fabric pots as well as using the Foxfarm feeding schedule I am currently in week five from seed and my girls are starting to show signs of flowering I have pistols growing out of every where my question pertains to the feeding schedule my auto flowers only have a lifeline of 10 to 14 weeks I am currently only at week five on the feeding schedule my question is since I am flowering is it OK to introduce the tiger bloom because if I follow the schedule my plant will be close to harvest by time I start using Tiger bloom I feed nutrients once a week the rest of the week is a perfect balance pH water at 6.5 to 6.6 and once a week I introduced Cal mag but that is only doing done The pH water feed my girls are looking immaculate they’re showing no types of deficiency I just need some feedback And what should I do in regards to the Tiger bloom if you can please help any advice would help

1 Like

This all reminds me about that country song selling property in Arizona :wink:

Yes start tiger bloom

What @Bulldognuts said.

I use my 2 tents exhaust (exhaust to outside the house) to pull air from the rest of the house which often has 7 adults, 2 large dogs, and 3 cats. Keeps my tent CO2 levels around 1000-1200 ppms.

3 Likes

Thank you @Bulldognuts & @Hellraiser for your replies.

I’m currently very concerned with air circulation, but only have 1 plant in a 27"×27". Space is limited both in and outside the tent. I’m not sure I could get away with and exhaust out the window, therefore have opted this setup

The 2 small clip-on fans I have in there don’t seem to work very well, so will probably have to replace those. Lately, been keeping the bottom vent open and door as much as possible. But, I’m still not sure what to do at night when every thing should be closed up to avoid light pollution.

I’m assuming you mean that it may be a problem with neighbors smelling your plant. If that’s what you mean, then it is something to be concerned about unless you are running carbon filter.

Obviously you would want to avoid as much light in your growing area while lights are off. But as long as you keep tent zipped up tight some ambient light in area shouldn’t hurt.

1 Like