Pressing with hog

I was just wondering @Drhomegrown
As long as your getting good results
Woohoo @North_East_Newbie welcome to the press club man

3 Likes

The one I have sitting in my shop is ran from portable enerpac unit. 10,000 psi lol. I can grab you some part numbers off it if youā€™d like?

3 Likes

Nice def get me some numbers maybe Iā€™ll build my own hydraulic press @dbrn32 and that was supposed to say donā€™t Iā€™m editing now lmao

2 Likes

Yes, @dbrn32, I am increasingly interested in building a press. I donā€™t know enough about the final product to start planning a press. Would be nice to have rough idea if what it takes to build one.

1 Like

@Budbrother thatā€™s exactly the same unit same case and everything Iā€™m sure it will work fine brother woohoo

1 Like

Iā€™ll be back at shop sometime after lunch. Iā€™ll grab numbers and a pic or two.

I know one of the melonheads there blew seals right out of factory cylinder on press haha.

3 Likes

Very cool bro talk soon @dbrn32

2 Likes

@dbrn32 @Countryboyjvd1971
Do the press platens need to be heated (if so, how hot)? Or is it a cold press?

1 Like

These guys better off answering. That said, yes I believe more heat better to a point.

2 Likes

Are the platens heated by electrical elements or hot air?

Yes you want heat depending on strains and weather your pressing kief or flower
@merlin44

2 Likes

Elements with rtd and pid controller. I already know where youā€™re going, stuff is readily available on Amazon lol

3 Likes

Probably made at the same factory with a lesser 1200mah battery thatā€™s easily replaced.

1 Like

I personally press my kief in the 125-135 range normally
The higher the heat youā€™ll change the flavor and terpene profiles

Flower I press in the 160-180 range

5 Likes

I agree with @dbrn32 you can find everything you need to build your on amazon or eBay @merlin44

2 Likes

Prob the same battery too @Budbrother

1 Like

Has anyone put a Bill of Materials (BOM) together for one of these?

It would save me reinventing this wheel LOL
@Countryboyjvd1971 @dbrn32 @Budbrother @North_East_Newbie

2 Likes

Not that I have built and can verify works. Sorry.

3 Likes

:arrow_up: What Rob said

2 Likes

I concur with the group @merlin44 have not built and tested one myself

2 Likes