Pressing with hog

That is some clever stuff. What I plan to do when I go to Fla this year. Send the gear in one pkg and the storm via brand new. Perfect Bro

3 Likes

A month later it’s been determined that the PG based vape oil “ “making” products are a complete waste of money if you can afford terpenes

9 Likes

There’s a company in the uk that doesn’t use a carrier oil apparently just canibinoids and terpenes (minus the THC) obviously

1 Like

Also have you tried MCT oil?

A vape recipe I came across recommended EJmix instead of PG.

The reason was EJ Mix is ‘heavier’ Propylene Glycol (PG400 in particular). PG400 does a much better job of suspending psychoactive material compared to standard PG used in most cannabis e-juice recipes. It said to use 1mL of EJ mix for every gram of concentrate. I haven’t tried it myself since I decided to get the Kind Pen Storm and Dream.

EJ mix link at Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/Bloomsdays-EJmix-Aromatherapy-Blend-50ml/dp/B071NWBY4D?th=1&_encoding=UTF8&tag=vampdiarinis-20&linkCode=ur2&linkId=fdc939066ddaa175cf37b727384abc0e&camp=1789&creative=9325

2 Likes

Don’t waste your time with that it doesn’t work get the distillate from flouraplex and use terpins like wills recipe up above. Other wise it won’t be very good and you wasted your product you spent all that time making

3 Likes

Get the diluent to thin it out got it today don’t affect quality at all thins it out and actually works a lot better

@Willd it burns better in the coils 4g rosin .5g terps .5 diluent but I think it needs .75 g diluent .5 terp 4 g rosin and it’s perfect

13 Likes

TY @Hogmaster
@Countryboyjvd1971 said he ordered some as well.

3 Likes

Nice rig KC. It was great to meet you face to face. Later, lw

3 Likes

How much?

2 Likes

Woohoo yeah I order some as well should be here today and testing will be done follow up report will be posted here for you guys

3 Likes

@ThcinKC I’ll get the name of it later it’s not a big name tho

2 Likes

@Angie take a look at this thread there is a good way to make your vape juice that may interest you

5 Likes

Don’t kid a kidder.
Everyone knows you’re going to be conducting full scale research.
:face_with_hand_over_mouth:

4 Likes

Hi Guys,
I have been doing a lot of research of dab presses and pressing rosin. I am about to purchase a press for myself. It will be used just for small batch personal use. I have it narrowed down to 3 presses and was looking for some feedback on what you guys would think is my best option. I am looking at the Dabpress bj6t35 6 ton press, nugsmasher mini (4 ton), and rosinbomb rocket.
Does anyone have any experience with any of these models, and have pros or cons when comparing them?
Thank you All!

1 Like

Of the three you mentioned the dabpress is the strongest press strength. I could rule out the nugsmasher on price verses strength and the rocket because it’s not even a 1 ton press.

@Countryboyjvd1971 how much have you got invested in the home built press?

3 Likes

@Lpindians
I agree out of the three you listed the dab press is you best option

@DoobieNoobie you can get the heat plate kits for around 250 - 300 press is about another 100$ or so I’ve got less then 400 invested

I just got the kit off amazon so nothing special works fine and press is a bench top bearing press @DoobieNoobie

4 Likes

Very nice! That’s a little better then I expected.

1 Like

I built a press for $255. I sourced materials from Amazon, Harbor Freight, and Menards/Lowes. @Lpindians
It was not all that hard to do. You really could use a drill press for the holes in the aluminium bars. This doesn’t include any tools you might buy, just the things needed. This build will save at least $150 over buying a pre-built press.

Aluminum bars $30.99 (Bar Stock|2 ea 3x6" 1.5" thick 6061 aluminum) Amazon

PID, Thermocouple, SSR $27.99 Inkbird ITC-100 PID, 40amp SSR, Thermocouple Amazon

Cable Glands $6.29 6 each 11mm Cable Glands Amazon

|Floor Flange 1 1/4" @ $5.29 flange Menards

Enclosure- 6"x6"x4" (to house the PID and cables) $12.70 Menards

|14 awg extension cord @ $14.83 (Use this for you wiring to bars and to plug in. Harbor Frieght

|Cartridge heater YXQ 9x60mm |2 each@ $9.99= $19.98| Amazon

Thermal paste 1ea @|$6.95 20 gm Amazon

12 Ton Press $129.99 Harbor Freight (Google for 20% off coupon)

If anyone wants to do the build here is the schematic for PID. Otherwise remember to put the right code in the PID for the K type thermocouple and you’re done. Piece of cake

11 Likes

giphy

6 Likes