Presidential candidates and positions on legalization

6 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

Thanks for the info but after a life of being careful about it that is about number 67 on the list of what I’m gonna vote for or not vote for a particular candidate over

4 Likes

Yep I agree but just part of the total matrix.
Many other more pressing problems for sure

2 Likes

#MoscowMitch will stop any kind of progress

1 Like

Well pop’s used to say pro is the opposite of con therefore progress is the opposite of the Congress

3 Likes

One of my favorite movies When Mars Attacks was when the martians were in front of congress and they vaporized them all…
We really need a clean slate cause they look out for themselves and their respective parties and corps rather than “We The People”

3 Likes

F politics. I’m so disheartened. They say you can’t make change if you don’t vote, but every time I think there is a good candidate and vote for them either

A- they don’t win

B- they win but get sucked into the system and do no good anyways.

It’s one big corrupt system that serves big business. Until the system evolves, the candidate does not matter.

My .02

2 Likes

You got that right @AAA
Term limits are needed but the politicians don’t want that and they will fight that change tooth and nail
Candidates should be funded by the taxpayers with equal amounts to campaign and not funded by the money bags. The Supreme Court really screwed us when they allowed campaign contributions to candidates basically by any and all comers through pacs with no accountability.
And so on…broken system and corrupt.

I will keep on voting and as we the people’s awareness evolves and becomes enlightened to the back room shenanigans (polite word) and not be distracted by the shiny objects they hold up and focus on the real issues hopefully things will move towards a better balance. I can only hope because with our current direction we will go the way of Rome as this isn’t sustainable as it is now.

2 Likes

You know alot of it does suck, but at least we can say so! Nothing will ever be 100%, but it’s great to have a voice. Keep involved & remember we are the government. :+1::sunglasses:

2 Likes

This deserves an update, since the field has narrowed to Biden(D) and Trump(R). No disrespect to any third party candidates but I’m pretty engaged and I’m not certain who they are off the top of my head.

Biden’s position on cannabis is problematic in that he’s unwilling to push for changes at the Federal level. His (stated) concerns center around health impacts; primarily, his focus is the impact on kids. I don’t think keeping cannabis out of the hands of people under 21 is especially controversial, as long as we aren’t locking up minors for simple possession. I believe Biden is in support of the STATES Act, which would reschedule cannabis and protect individuals, who remain in compliance with their state laws, from Federal prosecution.

Trump is rather opaque on the issue. We’re 98 days from the election right now, and his campaign seems to be about “law and order.” The positive news in terms of cannabis is he supports the STATES Act. The bad news is, and I’m making an effort to remain neutral, Trump’s AGs have been vehemently anti-cannabis.

Please pay attention to your local and state elections. However your locale does zoning, those commissions are really instrumental in the nuts and bolts application of legalization.

2 Likes

Very good points@keystonecops you hit the nail on the head.We have to keep pushing at the local and state level.My state was on it’s way to medical with growing when Covid disrupted the initiative process and the Governor refused any remedy.Its in court now.Polls show 69% or better favor it,but politicians with no brains continue to block it.

1 Like