Prepping for and first time grow

For drying I got these drying racks from Amazon.
Seropy Herb Drying Rack 6 Layer… https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08JMCFXWB?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

I also seen people dry and after few days put them in paper bags for more drying

I looked at that too! Looks like it would be easy enough to hang in a cloest or something.

I’ve done the flip so I guess I’ve got a while to research it yet. Though the outside ladies are coming on strong!

I did do a quick YouTube search and there’s hundreds of vids on there so that’ll be my starting point followed up by reading extensively on whatever method I choose to use.

@Syndrix I even saw a cat on there doing “freeze drying”. I haven’t watched the vid yet but was intrigued. I wonder if that method might help compensate for the vacation week?

There’s several I saw about the paper bag technique too. Apparently there’s many options available.

That lady is looking mighty tasty!!

HGE!!

1 Like

I plan on putting that rack next to my tent. It comes with a hook so ima let it hang from the ceiling. If it’s 2 much I will use my HD spring cleaning bags to also dry.

I wanna do the dry ice method also with 1 of my ladies and extract all the kief. Idk if it work on curing

1 Like

There’s some weird crap out there for sure!!

Search “freeze drying cannabis” and check out some of that stuff!
Apparently there’s a little household freeze drier you can buy! WTF? :rofl:

Well I watered and fed the girls yesterday

gallon each, 5ml cal mag, 5ml tiger bloom, 10ml big bloom each, p1 got ph to 7.0, other 3 got 6.5. ppm range of 950-1050

Run offs
P1 2500 6.5
P2 1250 6.5
P3 1620 6.4
P4 1430 6.5

I think me and everyone else agree that plant 1 has 2 weeks left before harvest. So we will be out of town in 2 and a half weeks for a week… So now I have to decide to I harvest P1 right before we leave and then the buds will be on their own drying for a minimum of 9 days… Or I think the option I will be going with,

And then just deal with harvesting when we get back

3 Likes

There is… I’ve been thinking about getting one for a few years now…. @Tylersays

Sorry replied to an old post lol doing some reading.

1 Like

There is somebody on this forum that uses a freeze dryer I’m probably wrong but I think is was @Caligirl24

1 Like

No worries, feel free to ask any questions you have, we are all learning here.

@Nicky
The best solution I have found for watering my plants while I am out of town is the 4 pot autopots spring xl system

Since you seem to be the autopot guru around here, What issues might I end up with If I just sit my 4 fabric pots with happy frog soil in this system while I am out of town for a week?

Is a 12 gallon res going to last 9 days? Would it be better to have someone come fill it once or twice or just get a larger 25 gallon res?

I am guessing I need something like a wave maker to keep the res water and nuets circulated to prevent settling?

Any other details you think I am missing out on that would be important?

Thanks for your help and info

Get a 25 gallon reservoir, asap lol.
It depends on plant size, temp inside tent and plant count but you said 4 plants.
9 days would be cutting it close but if your in soil I think you might be okay because coco uses alot more water than soil.

What’s their age? Do they need nutrients yet? This is why I don’t like soil, the soil holds nutrients in the medium so you don’t want to flood them with to much nutrients in the rez or we risk nutrient burn. All plants feed differently and that mean one plant might have ate all the food in the soil and want a higher dose of nutrients while another plant might not, not an issue with coco.

If you have nutrient in the water a wave maker will work I don’t use one I use a cheap pump from Amazon. 30min on 2hr off.

Hope that answers your question and gives you some insight

1 Like

Thanks, yes very informative.

Plants all popped ground july 1st, but they are a bit separated in flowering. one has just now started flowering really good, another has progressed pretty well, and the 2 furthest along probably have 2-4 weeks left.

All the nutrients in my soil have been used up at this point. and 3 out of 4 of them have gotten a flush. SO I would say they do need nutrients, I have been giving them the same stuff so far… So I think they will be okay all getting the same stuff, Next grow I will switch my medium to coco, this is an unexpected early upgrade.

What pump do you use? I currently have one saved for purchase that I saw hellraizer or someone on his thread post
Guess I should probably get the smaller 800gph one even though the price is so close, frustrating lol
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08TJ3ZSLG/?coliid=I3THR9JW5L5V5G&colid=1UQ1Y09WSPFV7&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it&th=1

1 Like

I hadn’t seen thst wave maker, thst looks good, many have a suction thst has a magnetic. Ide try it for sure! Dang I might get one of those my pumps are dieing anyway.

Looks like I’m going with an flood and drain system that I can then use for rdwc next grow

This should fix my watering issue while out of town and start my setup for next grow

4 Likes

Good luck bro!
I actually looked at a 15 space ebb and flow system on Amazon for the small tent.
I’m thinking if I ever decided to grow from clones and do a SoG that would be the easiest way to go.
I just need to do a Sea of Green and get it out of my system already! LOL!
If it had better filled out the space of the smaller tent I probably would have ordered it! :rofl:

I flipped like 2 days ago so atm I’m just excited to be sending them to flower.
But the small tent will be free after the 20th so…LOL!

HGE!!

1 Like

Thanks man, hopefully I will get this all figured out.

I need to pick a pump to send water to the plants, not sure which to get so need to research, think I will go with an inline, seems better than submerged. Not sure which model or gph I should even look for yet.

Probably get one of those small wave makers to keep the res circulated.

I’ll keep the plants/buckets on top of the milk crates so they will drain when the pump isn’t running.

1 inch pipe back to the rez for the drain.

After this grow finishes, I can remove the milk crates for next grow and convert to waterfall RDWC pretty easily…

So that is my somewhat game plan at this point.

Those bulk heads I got for the 1 inch pipe need a1 1/8 hole… I have 1 and 1 1/4… Grrrrrr

Hope everyone is doing well.

Need to water tomorrow

2 Likes

Nothing like a deadline to make it all come together! :joy: :rofl: :smiley:

2 Likes

So plant number two it’s getting more dark sugar leaves… I’m not sure what this is, it doesn’t look like the leaves are dying so I’m just thinking color change?

5 Likes

Ooo she might be getting her fall colors! If so that’s exciting!

2 Likes

That’s exciting she’s trying to show u her true colors. Will be nice 2 see how she comes out in the end

2 Likes