Prepping for and first time grow

Is this actual flowering? Is this when I stop lst?

You’ll want to keep that restrained until after the stretch has completed.

1 Like

WOW! That is a short veg time! 23 days? Doesn’t seem like at that point there’s enough plant to flower!
I might have to order some autos! At 23 days to flower I could easily grow inside or out and still get product before anything I’ve got going now finishes…but maybe I should stop at 10 and not get into the next level of “offense” LOL!
I had read about 6 weeks in flower - I hope you get a HUGE stretch in that time!

I am out of my depth on the autos so I can’t really offer much advice, but I’m definitely learning from your grow!

HGE!

BTW - Been a super busy week here. I might have opened the tent twice yesterday total! And maybe twice the day before. Unfortunately it’s not looking much better for today or tomorrow. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Well they got watered today a gallon each, had about 1/4 gallon run off from each plant.
I was in a hurry leaving so didn’t test run off.

It feels very wasteful to have 20-25% run off that you just dispose of… Might have to look at hydroponics set up on one of these future grows, I don’t like pouring out nutrients.

I got a wyze v3 cam so I can kinda see them when I am gone, I wish this thing had a manual focus and did better with the over exposure/bright light

Before I left I also checked and updated all my lst wires so hopefully everything grows well over the next few days.

Thanks everyone

I put the towels down trying to remove the reflection to fix the overexposure on the web cam

It feels very wasteful to have 20-25% run off that you just dispose of

Agreed - i went to Walnutz and bought the 3 piece measuring cups package for less than $5.

Last time I watered each got 4000ml, roughly a gallon. From all 4 plants I had about 3/4 a gallon run off.
Next watering each will get 3000ml and I’ll watch for ro in each plant after that. I want to ensure each plant is saturated, but not wet, and have enough ro to sample.

Everything left over can go on the tomatoes! LOL
Including the ro. Not wasting a drop if I can!
Nutes costs money.

edit: That quote didn’t work! LOL!

1 Like

Nope it sure didn’t​:rofl::rofl::rofl:
I’m so worried about them!!!
7C78B276A371_1627149283924
But they are looking okay, looks like they’ve grown a bunch, hard to tell though.

@Syndrix - The top 2 in the pic look like they’ve grown to me too - just since yesterday!!

Had a very busy day outside - unfortunately NOT with my plants, but I started cleaning out an area that might be home to a G13 in the ground next year.
I’ve been running into @Cannabian and his pics around the site and WOW!! Am I jealous! But I have to agree - the biggest plants are gonna come from the ground. I’ll still be growing indoors too but come spring…LOL!
I’m getting new gutters installed soon so I’m gonna have them do 2 short drops so I can get my rain barrels back in use. Well, the one out front I am using because I could remove the drop and place the barrel directly under. I have to decide where I want it in the back and do some site prep.
Trying to think ahead.

I still haven’t done any training LOL!
In my defense, my clips should arrive this week after the moose delivery gets here from Canada!
Never Again with Etsy! LOL!
I should be able to use those to nudge the upper branches down so the lower branches can catch up.
I definitely gotta trim some foliage and get some light in the centers.
Ordered my survey tacks yesterday and they should be here Monday, so I can hang the scrog net when the time comes.

It hit me just a few minutes ago - that lime green Skunk is in that stupid Performance organics I had to use after I ran out of HF. I have got to give that plant some nutes ASAP!! It’s still kinda moist but I gotta mix a half gallon at least and feed her tomorrow. Crazy thing is she’s the tallest in the tent!! And it doesn’t look much like the other Skunk to her right. Her and the NYD are in the good HF - note to self…ONLY use good soil!

I can’t decide if this is a pre-flower or not!

Both NYD have them but I didn’t see an official “hair”. I’ve seen a couple on the outside GDP also.

BTW - I can attest - the Spider Farmer carbon filter works fine! There’s quite an aroma in the tent now!
My best bud was here helping me outside today and of course I had to show off. As soon as I opened the tent he said “Damn!” then he saw the plants! He said the smell hit him as I was opening the flap! LOL!

I know you’re worried but they’ll be fine. Later in the grow I’d have been more nervous than missing a few days of veg. I just checked my pots just after 11 and they’re still plenty moist from where I watered Monday!
Just relax, enjoy your trip, and be amazed at how much they’ve grown in your absence!

HGE!!

The more I look the more I think it’s just a leaf emerging from that node. LOL!

Finally got the rest of my outdoor scrog up! LOL!

Only bent one branch but I got her supported so she should knot up in a few days and keep on trucking!
Still got 2 more to box in.
Smell out here is getting GREAT too! LOL!

3 Likes

Looking :+1: keep it up!

@Syndrix, wow! Look at lots of new growth, nice. Happy growing

Thanks everyone! Here’s today picture! I can’t wait to be home to take care of my girls, they are getting so big!!!

I have another trip at the end of September, so I hope these things will be completely done by then, they broke ground July 1st so fingers crossed!

Happy growing everyone!

1 Like

Looking good man! The growth is definitely noticeable!
Are you still running 18/6? Where’s your intensity?
I raised my lights again but still haven’t raised the intensity. If I remember correctly I’m at 65% and TBH, I didn’t even measure the last time I raised them.
I should probably write all that down in my book LOL!

Just got about an hours worth of rain outside, which is good. I noticed a little drooping about half an hour before I started hearing rumbles. Checked the radar and just let it ride. LOL!
I was due to feed tomorrow but I’ll get them Tuesday. With the heat they’re calling for this week I’ll be watering every other day at least.
I’m almost positive my little stunted girl is showing pre-flowers today! YAY! Although, she’s not so stunted anymore!

Damn! Almost looks like another one on the node in the background on second pic!

The drink! LOL! They look sad :anguished:

Enjoy the rest of your trip and rest easy knowing how well the girls are doing. And you got a good 2 months before your next trip so cross that bridge when you get there.

HGE!!

Shit! Just noticed my stunted girl laying over in that pic!! Oh no!! This can not be!
I’m off to get wet!

Got her fixed up and boxed in.
Luckily it had ended by the time I got out there so just wet from wrestling with her LOL!

The big girl just drank it up!

Major calamity avoided!
Caging the NYD tomorrow in the sun…and heat…ugg…

HGE!!

2 Likes

Yes, I didn’t even think about changing that, but if I remember correctly auto flowers can stay 18/6 the entire time, wonder what is best for them though.

Right before I left I raised the light about 6 inches, so it is now about 30 inches above canopy. Right before I moved it, I measured my ppfd, if I remember right it was right below 500, so when I raised the light, I increased the power/dimmer until I got 500 ppfd again. It felt like about 20% increase, I don’t think I’m even at half power yet for my light or right at it now. They seem to be adapting to it well.

Looking good man!

I’m also thinking about getting an auto pot 4 xl fabric pot system… But I’m not sure on future grows if I want to go soul with automated watering so there is no waste water/nutrients or just go full hydro

2 Likes

Bug bite! :rofl:

It all seems so easy but I’m gonna stick with soil for a while and make sure I have that down, but I can understand where you’re coming from. If you’re just learning something new why not learn the easiest method?
I’m sure each will present it’s own rewards and obstacles!
I have grown things in soil for years and a broad swath of the procedure is common to pretty much everything that grows.
Not implying I’ve been successful with everything I’ve tried to grow LOL! But even then I learned something, even if just about that type of plant. The new area for me is all the specialized fertilizers and whatnot involved in growing weed. I just ordered Open Sesame, Beastie Bloomz and Cha Ching FF trio just for blooming!! But I’ve invested so much already I want to continue to do the best by them.
At any rate - you gotta do you, and if you do switch to other methods I’ll tag along and learn something about that too!

Rabbit got into the garden last night!! AAAARRRRGGGGGG!!!

But luckily, after a six hour nap and about 7hrs of good light this morning they seem to be bouncing back!

Gee - I sure hope he don’t go even crazier tonight back there! :crazy_face: :rabbit:
LOL!

EDIT: He only broke one branch that I could see…but, that’s ok, live and learn! Plus, I’m pretty sure I can fill in the space!

1 Like

You gotta go photo man! So much flexibility!

*NOT in the stems though! LOL!

1 Like

Ladies and Gentlemen - G13 and Gold Leaf have left the building!!
YAY!

5 Likes

I missed out on the g13 deal​:sob::sob:

Omg these things have grown so much, I have so much training to do when I get home tomorrow evening and watering/feeding

It looks like each plant has 2-5 pretty even growing branches now so that’s exciting, and each one looks like that have a new top. It’s going to be so exciting when I get home and open the tent

Wonder if I should install the scrog net when I get home, the more I read, the more I see scrog is not really for autos? Feedback and thoughts?