Premixing microbes

Simple question. How long can you leave microbes sit in water before they expire? Sorry I don’t know how else to say it and I can’t find any info on it. I’d like to make a gallon to water for my young plants but won’t need the whole gallon right away and don’t want to waste the the mixture

2 Likes

You would have to keep it oxygenated or they will dye. I use Earth dust dry microbes and top dress with it

2 Likes

I agree with @anon1893985 you would have get it aerated so it doesnt become anaerobic but even then the microbes will only live as long as they have food

1 Like

When making a tea you want to make sure to properly air-rate is with oxygen. I don’t like to brew longer then 36hrs as I feel like things start to go anaerobic. (The life starts to suffocate and die off)

Once you turn the air stones off use it as soon as possible. If you have extra you can always toss it in a jug and put it in the fridge. It will last for a few days.

Happy farming…

2 Likes

Thanks guys, I had a feeling they wouldn’t last to long just wanted to be sure. I only need like 15oz to water my 3 plants.

1 Like

Let me tag in @HippieRunner1

3 Likes

What size of pot are you using?

1 Like

You should try recharge. It’s definitely worth it and I’m loving using it rather than the process of brewing teas. :))

1 Like

@Sammys @HippieRunner1 The final pots will be 3gal fabrics but right now they’re are just in solo cups. I dropped the beans 4 days ago and put a little Azoz and mykos in the soil. I’m just tying to mix enough microbes (recharge, fish shit) to give to seedlings without wasting a bunch of material

2 Likes

And happy birthday to you as well :laughing:

Even aerated you gotta use it fairly quick. Other bacteria like ecoli can begin to grow in your “tea”.

1 Like