Preferred method of cloning?

I’ve had great success with aloe, Raw aloe leaf @Shuggz , and have also had great results with bubble cloner, just rain water no chemicals at all. I try and pick out the clone from the Lower branches, if they have a bit of niterogen deficency those are the ones I cut, they seem to root faster. Lots of different ways to clone your favorite strain. @Drillbit how’s it going my friend ? thanks for the tag, I’m going to set to watching great thread.

1 Like

Here’s a purple snowman clone, aloe method ,

3 Likes

Do some strains clone better than others??

1 Like

Oh yea strains that are really woody stems at small diameter are difficult to me this gsc cross I have I love it’s leaf colors and it just won’t take. Any I’ve tried except one .everything else I got no problems cloning tried it quiet a few times only got 1 off the gsc bag seed

1 Like

It’s odd to me that you say they hermi on you. It sounds like they get to the flower stage, which means they rooted. To me, once they’re rooted, that’s a successful clone. Kind of semantics, but if you can grow from seed, a rooted cutting should be no different. I wonder what goes wrong with the clones . .

2 Likes

I have no clue i i actually wounder if i use to much light while their trying to root

I use just a flourecent light or 1 or 2 cfl 23w 6500k bulbs and works

Yea ive got a cheap 50w cob that works great for seedlings i do have some cheap plant lights that are only 13 w mabey i will try to hook these up for clones.

Cob is led correct? If so then my guess would be that its too intense of light? Im start that experienced yet but someone will know better on here. Im not a forum or computer guy but so glad i stumbled onto ILGM for sure!!!

1 Like

Yea thats me i can navigate this forum and thats about the extent of my knowledge

Corleone kush clone , bubbler method

just an air stone and rain water, nothing fancy.

3 Likes

@Mrcrabs did you make your bubbler clones machine or buy it. If you made it, could you explain the build??

2 Likes

I made it, but I’m pressed for time, after work I can give you some detailed pics @Familyman

No problem. Thanks for your time

1 Like

No problem, it’s a sure fire way to clone my friend

We have had the most success using a bubbler method.

We came to that technique after trying still water in a cup, placing straight into soil and trying cloning gel in peet moss.

1 Like

I had 100% with cloning gel too but they tended to decline and then have to recover resulting in slow growth to start.

1 Like

@Familyman Here you go my friend,
Soldering gun, to melt plastic and make a hole,
Cloning collars and nets, cheap on amazon.
Air pump, air stone and air line, gots mine from Walmart,also plastic tote.
Used some black spray paint to black out clear tote

used a exacto knife to cut out openings and melted a hole on lid for air hose connect all together add RO water or rainwater and your set my friend

4 Likes

Thanks a bunch. I sure am making one.

1 Like

What did you use for the bubbler tubes

1 Like