Predatory mites vs. Bad guys

@Jbudz here you go

I see. Just found this article last night about them. Had looked into getting some for eradicating my mite problem but haven’t ordered any but in hind sight maybe should have with all the product I’ve tried.

I’ve seen them on the Arbico web site before

Found info also on a simple and cheap quick kill of them better than 91% rubbing alcohol

Simple Castile soap all natural using 15 ml per quart and keeping the PH of mix above 8.0 kills them dead like now. All exploded etc.
Am applying now on them. Found this out last night.
This kills them on contact but doesn’t interrupt their reproductive cycle like Spinosad or Azamax is supposed to do.

Dr Bronners soaps are all natural containing potassium salts of fatty acids which is the active ingredient that kills mites fleas on dogs when bathing them and many other insects like thrips and caterpillars etc

I based my amount using the above label for their product that they sell and my amount is at 3% per quart solution. Ph was around 9.
I haven’t sprayed leaves yet but am spraying the fabric pots and especially the bottoms and saucers as that’s where they were hiding until I finally realized I needed to concentrate on the bottoms.
Bronners soap costs $18 for a quart and you can use it to shower, hair, pretty much everything and it kills bugs dead.
This product was what I found that lead me to figure out Bronners or Castile soap was the same stuff they used.

Bronners also carries liquid soap used more for cleaning the house and laundry etc so be aware when looking at their web site to choose accordingly. Different ingredients.

Hope this helps

Edit to add …their mixing chart is using 50% potassium of salt fatty acids in other words the soap is diluted 50/50 so I took into account my using pure soap and worked the numbers…hopefully I did it correctly

2 Likes