Pre-harvest question (NEUTS)

@dbrn32 said what my thoughts were. There’s a reason they have regular flushes built into their schedules. I would strongly advise getting a cheap ppm meter and monitoring runoff. You can really dial in your feedings according to what the plant is actually using that way. That will be beneficial in keeping the excesses down.

2 Likes

Let me know if I’m wrong here… the FF neut’s at this point of flower show 2-8-4 Tiger Bloom and 0-0.5-0.7 and if the FFOF soil is depleted at some level it appears that FF is accounting for the nitrogen needs…or the reduction of it… or am I all wet???LOL really trying to understand.

1 Like

I hear ya and I will stop being lazy and just get one. Just have been depending on dumb luck so far as ppm’'s go.

2 Likes

They don’t need nearly as much nitrogen in flower. Typically there’s still some in the feed charts for what little they need during the flower stage. And most other additives have a little as well. Sounds like you’re on the right track.

1 Like

God I hope so! LOL I gave up a real fine piece of audio equipment to fund this grow IE: lights,soil,neut’s ph20 meter, ect. If I can’t listen to it better damn well be able to smoke it! That’s all I’ve got to say!!!

6 Likes

Haha you’ll get some and it’ll be worth the sacrifice. :+1:

3 Likes

As of today I’m starting week 8 of flower. Shouldn’t their be some darkening of the tacicoms by now??? At least SOME ! Or am I blind. The “specs” on strain (I know it just an approximation) say 8/9 weeks flower. So how long before “maturity” do the tacicoms start turning darker??? These picts taken yesterday. Don’t want to miss “best time” for harvest.Uploading: 20190717_114527.jpg…

Still too many white hairs. At least another week. Maybe 2+. Keep checkin tho

1 Like

Do they look clear or a little cloudy to you???

Sorry cant really tell from the photo. U will need a loupe. And a bit more focus

Are these any better??

2 Likes

Man I cant see any amber and it usually jumps out at me…u have a little time yet in my mind

I can’t tell if they are even cloudy yet.

Sorry to spoil the fun but you dont have to even check the trichomes… just look at the bud… it is in the middle of ripening. You should just let it grow :+1:

There lies the rub, let it grow till???

When pistils are orange and receded then it’s time to check Trichomes

2 days later check out the pattern and color on the leaves.

Through the Last picture in for perspective. But what’s up with the leaves??? 7 1/2 weeks in flower

2 Likes

They are just in that fall color/ finishing up stage. You have a ton of pistils still white. Let her rock on. How have u been feeding?

1 Like

Been feeding since flip, and I’m at end of 8th week ( since flip) today.

:+1:t5::+1:t5::+1:t5::+1:t5: Just making sure u didnt stop. Watch for those pistils to go a bit darker. And keep an eye on trichs