Pre flower/flowering RH

WW auto end of week 5. First grow. They appear to be in pre flower?? Just started ILGM flower nutes today. Grow tent is 2x2x4(I know small) with 200cfm inline with carbon filter on hight with an additional fan blowing air around tent. 72-75° throughout light phase (18/6) and drops to around 69° during darkness. RH hovers at 65-70 constantly. Is this too hight for flower stage? Thinking about getting a couple dehumidifier bags to drop the RH but not sure.

2 Likes

You’ll probably okay in that range as your transitioning to flower but that’s definitely too high once your flowers start developing, between 40%-50% for mid to late flowering, I have found the sweet spot for my closet grow room is 44% at 77F for flowering. 60-70 is acceptable for vegging.

Your plants look happy. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Healthy looking plants.

Well done!

1 Like

It will be later on, yes.

1 Like

I wouldn’t waste money on the bags. Get a dehumidifier fit for the room your tent is in and place it outside your tent. Also, if you can get your temps up, that will lower the humidity. You can run LEDs on the low to mid 80°s and be good :call_me_hand:t3:

5 Likes

Here’s a chart to help do you have your vent ports open on tent might help

1 Like

Yes I have 2 of the 3 vent ports all the way open. They are located at bottom of tent. Might open the 3rd one here shortly to see if it helps drop RH

I have a dehumidifier in my lung room set at 40%. It keeps the tent in the 45-50% range. Also, good air flow in your tent can offset some of the negative effects of high RH. My tent is 2x4 with the exhaust all the way up, two small fans blowing up from the bottom, a small fan blowing across my light’s driver and one oscillating fan. Good air flow is always your friend, but it especially is until you get RH down.

1 Like

Thx, I ordered a dehumidifier and should be here today. Also have large silica bags. Will put the machine right outside the tent. It’s in a smaller bathroom. Hopefully it will do the trick. Could also put the silica bags on shelf’s in tent if lower RH is needed or even stick the Machine inside tent.

1 Like

Got the dehumidifier large enough for the bathroom my tent is in. Will try it outside tent first . Thx!!

2 Likes

Thought I’d update. Coming into week 8 these Ladies have blown up in the past 2 weeks. Buds seem to be coming in decently. My small 2x2x6 ft tent is overflowing. Haha. It’s definitely a 1 plant tent. Question, I ppm’d my soil a week ago. It was 2600!! So I “flushed” down to 1300. I’m using 3 gal pots with ffof soil. Is it smart to do a nutrient watering then a ph’d watering on a back and forth basis to keep ppm down ? I’d like to push the plants as hard as I can obviously with nutes but don’t want to ruin them. I also did a small amount of trimming on the bottom for better airflow.

2 Likes