Pre-1998 Bubba Kush, green crack, strawberry cough, gold leaf

Hello all! It has been a little while since I’ve posted any pictures of my girls. My last grow ended with four male plants, a good scrub down of my tent and the reseeding FEMINIZED Green Crack, Strawberry Cough, and Gold Leaf. Half way through my grow, to my surprise, I was gifted a large pre-98 bubba kush plant. Her base is about 2 inches wide, and the plant completely dwarfed mine that were already in the tent. A few days ago, I took a bunch of clones and flipped them all to flower… I can’t wait to see them develop.

13 Likes

Look at the base on that thing. Dayum

1 Like

She thicc

One of my favorite night time strains, too. I’m watching this one for sure!

1 Like

This will be fun to watch, I am jealous…

She sure is a beauty. My question for the masses is: how much should I thin out the center of the pre-98 Bubba Kush’s center? She is 3 days into flower. Should I let get go until day 21 then cut off all the fan leaves or thin some of the lower ones out now?

6 Likes

@Am_nesia. I am definitely coming along for the ride, that is if you don’t mind. Looks awesome.

Absolutely @repins12! Ride along my friend…

Well all, I am in day 7 of flowering and some of the ladies are already developing pistals. I’m sooo excited, look at the sea of green…

4 Likes

Awesome

So, I’m getting really excited and can’t wait to see what the next 6-8 weeks bring ( you have to remember that my first grow ended with ALL male plants)… The leaves are already starting to sparkle in the lights, it looks pretty awesome. Here are some photos updates for group:

1 Like

Congratulations! They look healthy and happy, keep up the good work. :+1:

Looking good :+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1:

Thank you @elheffe702 and @repins12. Here are some photos of Day 11 (early day 11) of flowering for my ladies. You all are going to have to forgive me for posting so often, and so many photos, but this is my first flower, so you have to be gentle, Ok? :wink:. I hope you all enjoy as much as me

1 Like

Day 15 of flowering:

2 Likes

Awesome. :+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1:

Ok, so I’m slightly concerned. The bottom 1/3 of the pre-98 bubba kush is yellowing and dying off. I’ve been reading and watching videos that says this is normal during flowing because the plant is using up the nitrogen stored in those leaves and killing them off due to the lack of light. I am a few days away from the day 21 defoliation, but should I start early and open this one up by taking off the fan leaves? I’m afraid to take them too soon. The rest of the plant looks completely healthy, and like it is thriving, and it is producing nice sized pre-flowers. Should I be more concerned than I am or is this normal?? Help!!

On a more positive note, all of my clones have rooted without a single one dying. This noobie has a 100% clone rate right now… Woot!

I did forget to mention that I have since added a fan that is blowing directly up through the plant to try to eliminate air flow as the cause for the yellowing. Let me know your thoughts…

The parts dying look like they’re not getting much, if any, light. I usually take off the bottom 1/3 for that reason, anyway. I think you’re alright, and it might not hurt to go through and pull off all the dead stuff, maybe even clip off anything else that isn’t getting light while you’re in there. And in my experience, the plants react better to a very gentle breeze as opposed to a fan directly on them.

Thank you @elheffe702. I did a good clean out of her. Pictures below. I also did another feeding to try to help. I’ll watch the fan blowing directly into the plants. I just thought maybe I was choking her out :joy:

2 Likes

Day 19:

Pre-98 Bubba Kush

Bergman’s Gold Leaf (I am really impressed with this strain. From the get go, it just took off. And now in flowering, it has developed more than the others.)

2 Likes