PR’s continuing grow adventures and member's hub (Part 1)

My brother i kinda know how you feel but keep this in mind… we learned to crawl 1st … i agree step back reassess and figure out what will work better for you… we all fail that’s what makes us strive harder to be successful :100:… it’s ok to fail … so you killed a weed :thinking: shame shame :rofl::rofl: it’ll be just fine

3 Likes

U got them in coco??

Hello everyone hope everyone had a great holidays

I do have a question though once i do selective harvesting do i go back to feeding my plants the way i was before and if so how do i go about that i’m using fox farm products at the moment

1 Like

I hope everyone had a safe Holiday,safe travels. I just moved from MD to NC looking for ppl to talk to about maybe starting on my own. Going from medical to nothing sucks.

3 Likes

This is the right place to be. :v: a bit expensive to get rolling, but pretty easy once you do.

2 Likes

I have a bunch of seeds but just unsure about starting. I’ve grown in the past but my current situation I can’t.

1 Like

Something small and easily controlled would be my recommendation. A 3x3 or a 2x4, enough to grow 2-3 plants but not so much space you’re having to spend serious cash to afford a good odor filtration system.

If you’ve got seeds, dirt, and water, getting started is the easy part.

Picking out the tent, light, exhaust, and humidifier/dehumidifier is the harder part to keep the start rolling.

2 Likes

I can’t do to my current situation unfortunately.

1 Like

Im in NC also. Welcome! Be nice if you might actually be close to my area. Id be more than happy to show you my setup. Definitely a bummer that NC is still so behind, and as far as i know, not even entertaining any form of legalization. Drive an hour north, and its a whole different deal. In Virginia that is. Drives me nuts.

7 Likes

What part of MD were you in?

@Mark0427 @pr Hey ya’ll, I am running an LSD af. Did my first LST and FIMM. I am at four weeks now. This thing already has huge fan leaves and they are blocking a lot of light. I notice that some of ya’ll cut off the leaf tips. I was thinking of removing them completely, but will wait to see what the response is from the FIMM. What is the better route?

2 Likes

Hi @MOUNTAIN.MAN This is a debatable topic, to pluck or not to pluck. It really boils down to ‘growers choice’ here-either method will provide positive results and arguable yield increases. So many different factors contribute to the overall grow it’s hard to single out certain influences. I’m a plucker by nature and do pull larger older fans that I feel block light in the lower canary and or restrict air flow. During veg your ladies will replace leaves constantly, when you get into flower she’ll slow down producing replacement leaves as the plant focuses on flower growth. Jmho

Good luck!! :+1:t2::sunglasses:

6 Likes

I am a plucker also @Fieldofdreams. Anything I feel blocks light or air.

4 Likes

Im an over achiever when it comes to defol. 2 of the top growers here, sent me in that direction. Ive yet to see any issues by doing so. If its blocking light to a bud site, or overlaying on another fan, its pinched or cut off completely. Ive even been defoling my autos, as if they were photos. So far so good.

I feel some strains handle it better than others?
@Low always told me, we are growing buds, not leaves.:grin:

14 Likes

Thanks. I will probably pluck them. Don’t want to do too much too fast as this is only my second grow, but looking back on my last grow, I could have done much more than I did.

4 Likes

Each grow you’ll continue to further develop your style and before you know it you’ll be a GrowPro!!

2 Likes

Thanks pr (I always think in my head ‘parachute rigger’). My last gave me a low yield, but all I did was pinch a fan here or there. This time I am going for it. Those fans are gone soon.

2 Likes

I do have a question once i do selective harvesting do i go back to feeding my plants the way i was before and if so how do i go about that i’m using fox farm products at the moment

Thank u. It would be awesome if we were close. Moving from MD was hard but my wife’s father needs help taking care of his wife which has dementia and she is getting worse. We are currently staying with them.But family comes first. :smiley: I’m in eastern NC also. I lived close to Baltimore.

3 Likes

Lookin awesome :ok_hand:

1 Like