PR’s continuing grow adventures and member's hub (Part 1)

Wonder why you don’t see more PLC builds being used here? LED light builds. Pacific light Co.

3 Likes

Plc is a nice set up

1 Like

Im all about hlg, but im really interested in building a lamp, myself, over the winter. Tough getting info though on parts needed to do it. Framework im most curious about. Attaching the photo boost strips to what??? I sent a message to greengenes and PLC to try to get some guidance. I think it would be a cool winter project. Im making it happen hopefully.

3 Likes

@Graysin can help you out with some guidance

1 Like

@pr really enjoyed your CannaCon pics. Finally got caught up on some threads. Are you able to relay anymore info on those 2 new lights? If i remember correctly they were the blackbird/blackwing… The closest CannaCon was gonna be in NYC, but has since been canceled :frowning: ! Here’s what I currently got in the 3x3! 5 SkyWalker OG in 3gal fabs. Had to order another HLG DIY 260 Rspec. 1 just isn’t enough.

4 Likes

NYC is still happening in January. Hlg ain’t going though that’s the sad part. Ethos genetics will be there so I’m looking forward

5 Likes

Would be cool to post it on here as it’s being built. Good info to have floating around on the " members hub ".

1 Like

Ethos has some sweet stuff I seen. Bummer about hlg not going. I stashed my hlg banner behind booth, left it there, so now Cody sending it to me.:joy:. Was so wrapped up in all the activity i guess.

2 Likes

Doubt I’ll meet the attendance requirements by then, so i’ll have to live through posts/pics. No biggie!

1 Like

I really want to try these:

8 Likes

Lots of unique crosses they have.

1 Like

I used aluminum angles. 1/8” inch and 24” long. I have 11 strips adhered via thermal tape (but it gets too hot and melts off so it have Velcro holding them in place). The smarter way to do it is to get the 2 angles for the frames and get aluminum flat bars to screw the strips in. I was being cheap and didn’t want to spring like $50 for aluminum bars but honestly I should have. I’ve snapped several connectors over the course of reassembling the light fixture. Another alternative is just buying a heat sink, but a large enough heat sink to cover the area of a custom lamp is pretty hefty. HLG heat sinks were the cheapest ones I could find that fit the dimensions but it would have meant buying 4 - also expensive at $80 a pop.

As far as parts - heatsinks, frame, thermal tape, self-tapping metal screws or screws + drillbit, the photo strips, lots and lots 14g solid core copper wire (I got 50’ of each red & black, only used maybe 10’ of each including all my goof ups). The drivers and strips are the hardest part of you ask me. The heat sink and frame is … expensive but not difficult.

1 Like

Yea NYC guidelines are crazy. Got show vaccine card before entering and all… even with my kids when we go out some places I got problem since they not vaccinated. I been cursing alot of people out latelly in NY 4 been stupid

2 Likes

My cousin built his PLC light and I was going to do same before I went for stealth

1 Like

thank you for taking the time to post all this! good example of the quality members we have here.

1 Like

Green jeans has a video on YouTube where he builds one and has all the breakdown of the parts and everything you need to build it pretty nice video he also shows options for a two driver or one driver setup I believe the one driver setups better :100:

3 Likes

Guess what ill be watching tonight! Thanks. PLC may even have some vids. Head in the clouds for me to not think of youtube. My own bud making me stupid! That’s a good thing. Speaking of, ive had nothing but quality feedback from all that have smoked it so far. Only 1 of them even knows where it came from.

5 Likes

Descent solo trays for $2 at local hardware

Not why I was in there, but nowadays I spot things grow worthy from miles away.:joy:

8 Likes

Haha good catch

1 Like

Cheap excitement for me.

2 Likes