PR first real grow and 2x4 grand opening

Just striving to make everyone proud of my work. Lol. Im type that worries about that kinda stuff. Not to mention, I just want to do what’s most effective for this grow, then next grow, ill be more into trying different things.

2 Likes

During that first 4-6 weeks in ocean forest, aside from no nutes, what about cal-mag and or recharge?

1 Like

Recharge definitely go ahead. No cal-mag I think unless you see a cal deficiency. Haha I feel you I stress about my baby’s a lot but I’m also going with the flow and doing what I feel is ok for now

They are looking pretty good. As tight as they are. I would just be bending branches down rather than trying to bend the plant over. just my take. Most that do the lst plan it out a head of time. And put the plant towards one side of the pot to give them more room to work with. They are growing nice though. @Arrow is my go to for the sweet looking lst stuff. He does it on mainline plants. But most of it can be transferred over to any other plant. :grin:

5 Likes

@Not2SureYet covered you well :point_up_2:…different mind sets to the different techniques… I’ll give some pointers if you want to hit me with a question…:sunglasses::v:

3 Likes

I don’t LST, I just top them then leave them alone for a week or 2 and let the branches start getting some size, then I start doing some defol of large old fan leaves to keep light hitting the branch tops and start cleaning up the sucker branches that grow on the lower parts of the branches.

5 Likes

Im just gonna roll along with your gg journal, and mix in a little of my own ideas if applicable.

2 Likes

Any particular time during lights on/off best to cut on them? Wide awake in my novice mind.

1 Like

I do similar to hellraiser. I pick a height and nip the top off. I sometimes let her grow past and take a decent top, plant it and see how she grows :heart_eyes:. Taking the top just forces her to bush out at the bottom. I filled one half of a 4x8 tent with one plant like that and she looked amazing :sunglasses:

1 Like

As of now, my plan with the photos is top, then maybe as needed, not necessarily lst, but space branches out, depending how they grow? I guess after topping, and a few weeks of growth, ill have a better idea of their structure so to speak. The space I have is kind of dictating things too. And then there’s the auto between them, that may or may not be a factor, as its lagging at the moment?

2 Likes

Whether or not you will need to do LST is based on your veg time and tent height.

1 Like

With the exhaust fan in there, im limited for sure.

1 Like

And if the sda doesn’t make a move forward soon, im not opposed to sending it to my outdoors grow, and opening up some horizontal space in tent? We see.

1 Like

So after saying that, I go up to look, and she SEEMS to be on the move. Will be topping the mkp’s in the am.

1 Like

I was going through your journal here, and “post 73” hsowing a broken over stem. Love this technique, although I generally wait until early flower. I can see why you might want to do it early as well. Cool, lw

2 Likes

Nothing wrong with this … a lil tip if you are interested … after you top, start stem flexing … so you bend the branches into the direction you want them to go …this allows you to do LST at a later stage, with branches that will readily go where you want them …and the branches will have started becoming a lot stronger … bearing up those big colas you going to grow …:wink::sunglasses::v:

1 Like

Post 776: Why would you do that? Cutting up (banana peeling) a plastic pot? No worries, Just cutious. I always reuse all my vessels until they wearout. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This was just on an outdoor, bag seed plant, that is basically out there as a guinea pig to try different techniques. A learning tool for me. I have a few out there. That plant that I accidentally super cropped while trying to LST for the first time ever, has actually turned out nice as far as the shape and structure. Ill post a pic today for you.

3 Likes

Was waiting for that question from someone ! Yet another outdoor plant I use to learn from. I had potted up another out there by turning pot over to remove, and majority of soil fell apart, obviously not enough root structure yet. I was antsy to get out of the hot plastic pot to a tan fabric, and did not want to risk same thing happening. Did not care about the pot anyhow. Was unusual I know ! Glad to see you are looking at my journal. My indoor is my true priority and gets all the TLC.

1 Like

@pr, that noise is it indication that the bearing is slipping or that the motor is finding a pause moment so another words you’re gonna have to replace it real soon because it is going to go out on you and hopefully replace it soon before you have like five in flowering stage and your fan goes out in your temperatures go skyrocket and you’re like oh shit. Just trying to warn you! Maybe look into the what is it six from ac infinity , or the one I have the Vivosun 390 CFM if you want my opinion, Vivosun blows harder, stronger then my ac infinity. Hope that helps you with your grow, happy growing

1 Like