PR’s continuing grow adventures and member's hub (Part 1)

Yes. Basically use it at the bottom of the OXY pots. After them pots I tried to break it smaller and said f that so it’s just for the bottom layer of the OXY pots lol. #8 perlite. All they had at the time

1 Like

All the videos I see they ice it down for the last 2 weeks when the do the water only day they do the ice totally cover the top of the medium. Atleast everything I’ve seen and read is they did it for the 2 week flush period and most I’ve seen say they notice a huge spike in tric buildup

4 Likes

I have tried, pretty much, all of the methods, known to man. I have seen no significant difference, to make me wanna do it the old school way. Harvest it and dry it, eff the BS and extras. All methods are novel, to try but, as I said, I have not seen enough of a difference, to justify, doing it any other way. Just my humble opinion and my experience :v:t4:

4 Likes

See Matty’s response. That is where I’m at as well.

3 Likes

as ive said repeatedly, just a newbie trying something once, and having fun with it. was not a bunch of extra work for me. guess i should have done it without any mention.

1 Like

Thank you sir. Just ignore the ice !?

1 Like

If you want to give it a try, what can it hurt I say give it a try :+1::v:

3 Likes

Love it! Good idea! Why not lol like they said it’s worth a shot for sure :+1:t2: :sunglasses::muscle:t3:

2 Likes

Not talking about drying. Just the dark period before harvest.

1 Like

I did do it. I meant ignore the ice in the picture, for those who dont like it. Was just being a smart***. Not sure why it caused such a fuss. Some may be interested in the results, if any.

3 Likes

Hey buddy ur ice ur time do what u will. I just stating what I’ve read. Hell if I would have read about it last grow I would have tried it also. It’s always worth a shot u might find that it is something that works out good for u and ur environment. Might not have got as much tric buildup growing so this may be the helper who knows til it’s tried I did take a few tops from the Sebring f4 CBD plant last night for the bud backing deal. See if it works although I prolly should not have done it on that plant as the buds are already weighing down the branches super bad lol

3 Likes

I watched 3 reputable growers try it, before i decided to. 2 had results. None of them had any negative effects. Im pretty sure, at worst, i will have just wasted some ice. Thought some people might of liked to see one of us try it ?

5 Likes

Nobody told you not to try it, in fact, most people have said TO try it and find out from your own experiences. What most people are saying is that they have tried it with no major noticeable results, but every grow is different, so give it a shot! Don’t take that the wrong way, some folks were just giving their own experiences. Yours may vary. Best of luck and I hope you DO see noticeable changes trying out new techniques :call_me_hand:t3::v::bear:

6 Likes

Its all good. Thanks. Kinda like the bud back build technique, was suggested to me, so I gave it a try. That did seem to be beneficial actually.

5 Likes

I know one thing for sure, I have learned so much from this grow because of all of you. Can’t wait to move onto the next, armed with more knowledge than before. Sites set on proper dry and cure for now though.

5 Likes

Duuuuude…. Drying and curing is the hardest part!

2 Likes

After seeking some evidence via lab clone samples and having a sound scientific theory I have stuck with 48hr of darkness.
There is no downside, it takes no extra effort and is sound practice to me.

Stem split and ice bath I haven’t had the same proof so haven’t bothered after reading about both methods.

4 Likes

Reason I don’t do a 48 hour dark period is because I grow a lot of different strains in the same tent and they are NEVER done at the same time, so it’s not an option for me

6 Likes

Bro u killing it and I really can’t wait 2 c the results from the ice.

Keep doing your thing happy growing

1 Like

My in ground girl looking pretty nice. Recently did a bud back build cut on a few, which once again, I can see a difference from the others. A practice i will continue in the future.

Processing: 1013211157.jpg…
Processing: 1013211156.jpg…
Processing: 1013211155.jpg…

4 Likes