PR’s continuing grow adventures and member's hub (Part 1)

Day 31 flower. Some of the larger leaves really have no stem. Curious as to what you do with these. We talk about red stem and stems that are 1-2 inches to remove, but unclear on the no stem leaves. @AfgVet @Hellraiser @JJ520 @Low @dbrn32 @Covertgrower @MaD-VapoR @rookiegrower @ConcreteBudz @Not2SureYet

13 Likes

Absolutely beautiful!!! You are loving it aren’t you! Seriously gorgeous plants brother buds are forming wonderfully!

2 Likes

Yeah im excited. But seems to still be lots of leaves that you would think to defol, but basically have no stem?? So im not sure if you leave those, or try to remove. Some of the bigger leaves don’t even have a stem. I would think the small stemless leaves are actually the start of the meat of bud formation. Oh and I like jacks! Perfect timing to switch.

2 Likes

How’s your curing, and what’s your schedule upcoming?

1 Like

I don’t mess with plants too much at this point. Maybe another 10-15 days i would go through and strip top layer or two of fan leaves, but everyone is a little different.

3 Likes

Just looks like more leaves than there should be. Seems the leaves with little to no stem, have to stay? Seems to be moving ahead either way I quess. Im always concerned about one thing or another though.

That statement is so true. As I get more grows under my belt, ill figure out what works for me, and just stick with it. Always good to hear your take on things. I plan on getting a taller tent next run, so I can have more room to operate with the 350r. From 5’ currently, to 6’ next, would make all the difference. 6" inches rite now would be nice!

5 Likes

That’s what she said?

5 Likes

Speaking of really tall plants. Man if I can get into the room and get pics of this Sebring revenge f4 CBD plant she is a beast like 6 feet tall and still going. If I raise lights note it’s gonna cause stretch on all the other plants. Lol. She is a serious tall lanky one but looking absolutely beautiful

2 Likes

Don’t make me flag you. Lol.

2 Likes

Lol I thought that was mild,
It’s funny how often that phrase works

3 Likes

Yes. Mattybear for instance is pretty specific day 21 and day 42 of 12/12 with heavy defol. I usually have similar timeline but not exact. I’m looking to do something as soon as stretch is over and something before the plants make final push. I’m usually not as aggressive as some and keep stripping pretty isolated between top and middle of canopy. Lower leaves aren’t really hurting anything so I try to leave them. A lot of people take those lower leaves first.

5 Likes

Ive been plucking and cutting as I see needed, aside from any scheduled defol. Doesn’t seem to bother them. Light blockers, clutter etc.

3 Likes

Your girls are looking great. Once they’re through their stretch I would try to take some of those leaves off the top for air circulation if nothing else. I do t remove any that would damage the bud in doing so

6 Likes

Very nice✌️

1 Like

Like the stemless ones I take it.

1 Like

Defoliation is really up to you. If I can’t see the stem I don’t mess with them if I don’t have to. You risk damaging bud and killing calyxes.

2 Likes

Yep, not messing with those. The really small leaves with no stem, im assuming will be some of the meat to the buds. The bigger stemless leaves, will get trimmed at harvest I quess. No damaging or killing going to happen on my watch! Looks like everything progressing as it should? Great time of the grow I think. Ever changing.

2 Likes

Definitely. Looks fantastic!

3 Likes

Everyone is different, and I’ve been getting better a defoliation, to keep some larf down. I always end up with a little though. Also depends on how low on edibles I am, the larf is excellent for that.

4 Likes

I was looking back at a topic I started when I joined in April.2 plant tent and light kit online. Knew absolutely nothing about growing. Cool to look back at who chimed in then, and who still hanging with me. Crazy how much I feel I have learned since. Check it out if anyone wants a Lil entertainment! Made me laugh anyways. Thanks to all for the guidance since then. Look forward to sticking around and improving my grows with yall. @ConcreteBudz was on it the minute I joined. Thanks man.

3 Likes