PPM to high and ph low on runoff

I am 6 weeks in veg. Just finally got tds meter. No nutes for 2 weeks now in feed. Runoff PPM ranges between 1800-2700 on my 5 plants. Ph 5.4-5.8… Help they are obly 12 inches tall…stunted. Using ffof soil and was using nute schedule. Was told I was underwatering bcuz i had no runoff so i increased watering til runoff occured. What am i doing wrong???

1 Like

COPY/PASTE the below list into your forum post.

Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so; Or post
NA (non applicable)

• What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed
  • Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF
  • Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, Troths
  • PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)
  • PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable
  • Indoor or Outdoor
  • Light system
  • Temps; Day, Night
  • Humidity; Day, Night
  • Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
  • AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
  • Co2; Yes, No

Always try to upload a clear picture of any issues you may have to allow the community to assist you.

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer should be included. Feel free to elaborate, but short and to the point questions and facts will help us help you in a more efficient manner :slight_smile:

Thanks!

2 Likes

External Media

Myfriendis410

ILGM Mentor

October 12

COPY/PASTE the below list into your forum post.

Answer these simple questions the best you can.

If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so; Or post

NA (non applicable)

• What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed- clones. Purp grandaddy.purp kush.captains kush.lemon haze.pink gorilla
  • Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF- soil ffof
  • Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, Troths-fabric pots
  • PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable) water 6.5 solution 6.6. Runoff 5.4
  • PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable- ppm 1700-2800
  • Indoor or Outdoor- indoor
  • Light system- v/b led 1200-600-1200
  • Temps; Day, Night same 73.4
  • Humidity; Day, Night same 50-60%
  • Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size yes 6in intake 4in exhaust
  • AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier, no
  • Co2; Yes, No- dont know how to determine this
    Always try to upload a clear picture of any issues you may have to allow the community to assist you.

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer should be included. Feel free to elaborate, but short and to the point questions and facts will help us help you in a more efficient manner External Media

Thanks!

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

Your runoff ppm is saying you probably don’t need to be giving nutrients quite yet. 6.5 in and 5.4 out is suggesting your root zone ph is trending down.

When you get a chance can you post some pictures of your whole plants in natural light? You could probably flush plants to get ph up, but I would like to see what they look like before going that far. If it’s just a couple leaves wouldn’t justify that.

1 Like

How old total…?
And when was last transplant…?
And from what size pot , to what size pot…?
I’m thinking too many nutrients and to much watering…
Both are super bad…
Ppm should be around 1000 to 1200 and ph at 6.0 to 6.6 …
Just to be on the safe side…
You shouldn’t be adding anything at this point other than maybe some cal-mag if your using ro or distilled water …
:v::sunglasses:

1 Like

Ffof stays pretty hot for a while. Adding nutes has def brought your ppms up too high.

Were you testing the pH after adding nutes, just before feeding?

Might just need a good flush with proper pH’d water.
Might need to too dress with some gardeners lime.

I got clones 7 weeks ago. Last transplant was 3 weeks ago. Gave nutes 1st 4weeks. Stopped nutes 2 weeks ago bit have calmag this week. Runoff ppm 3000 and cm 6500

Took these pics this morning.

1 Like

Let me know what you think…thanks

Plants are suffering from excess nutrients. I would advise a thorough flush and get the runoff down to around 1,400 or better. Like @peachfuzz pointed out you should be in the 1,000 to 1,200 range and you are already exhibiting nitrogen toxicity. This will stunt the growth of both the plant and the flower production will suffer. After flushing you can see what your PH is doing.

1 Like

How do you do a flush?

1 Like

You will run purified water through the soil to the amount of 3 times the pot size (if 5 gallon pot use 15 gallons). If you use R/O you don’t need to PH it. Take a runoff sample of the last 10% of runoff to use for measuring PH and TDS. Allow plant to dry out thoroughly before resuming normal watering.

To get someone’s attention use the @ sign in front of their handle.

1 Like

The only way I can do that is to take them outside or put in utility sink one at a time. What is your suggestion on this in order to keep the plants safe? It is cold here outside. My outdoor plants I think are almost ready to harvest.

1 Like

And where would I get 75 gallons of purified water???

OMG…feel stupid…what is R/O?

I small transfer pump can be used to pump off runoff into a bucket for disposal. I take mine out in the yard but you can use a sink or a bathtub.

I have R/O just for cannabis and make water to use only for my girls.

https://www.amazon.com/Aquatic-Life-Reverse-Osmosis-50-Gallon/dp/B00DOG63OY/?tag=greenrel-20

I have extremely hard city water (550 ppm) which requires me to process my own water. If your muni water is good you can use that but you will still have to dissipate chlorine and PH it. R/O you just dump in. But if your city water is under 250 ppm you could use that.

Another thing you can do is run straight tap water through the plant and finish with a smaller amount of purified water; seen this technique from another grower. But you still have chlorine to deal with.

I was told that I could declorinate by letting it sit for a few days… Do I pour it through all at once or 1 gallon at a time??? I don’t want them to be floating…just transplanted to these pots 3 weeks ago and I know roots have not settled yet

1 Like

Yes; allow to stand or add an air stone and bubble it.

Add water like you would normally water and drench all of the soil. Don’t add so much that it doesn’t go where you want it to. It’s a PITA I know but your TDS is gonna nuke your plants.

ok…that would be 1/2 gal-1gal. That is what I did for last water trying to flush. It only took that much for soil to float a little. Runoff water was maybe 1 quart.

What is an airstone?

1 Like