PPM Run off too high!

@doodlebug @Majiktoker when my ppms rose to 5000 I was scared lol but you should be fine since that happened to me I have been watering plain ph water twice for every 1 feeding and my ppm levels are in perfect range without having to use a flush.

1 Like

@SirrNucci @Majiktoker @Matthew420 thank you, so with that being said, The run off PPM should be the same going out as going in?

In a perfect world that would be great :slight_smile: Close is good, it means your plants are consuming what you’re giving it without building up.

I personally wouldn’t get too hung up on measuring runoff unless you’re having a problem. Check if you have runoff but don’t overwater just to get it. IMO.

1 Like

@doodlebug yes you should be fine . I put in around 1000 ppms and my run off come at around 12-1300 and I’m fine with that my plants are doing great now week 5 into flowering

2 Likes

LOL, I tend to over think, after my soil not being soil, 3 seeds ended up being Autos and not knowing what week nutes to give the auto, the PPM is something I could possibly control :grinning: My PH is however 6.5 from the tap, so that’s a good thing. Honestly if I don’t need to worry so much about the ppm, I wont. I have well water, I know its hard, ive known this for 10 years, I know we have a water softener, which means we add salt to the system, I know all these things, things I cant control. Nothing of mine is dying, when my dirt is dry I water it, when its time to feed them nutes, I do. I am not fretting :relieved: I love this site, everyone with a common goal and helping everyone to achieve the same goal. Thanks friends.

1 Like

Wow, very pretty. Tomorrow will be day 5 in flower for my girls.

I just thought of this but, I have never tested the PH of the run off water, I have the PH drops kit and when I thought about testing the PH run off, I said to myself… Hey the run off looks like beer, is that even going to read correctly when I had the drops, which makes me feel dumb thinking about it because the drops should make the water turn the proper color, correct? meaning if the run off water looks like beer and I drop in 4 drops of test stuff, it should turn the color, regardless if it looks like beer or kool aid? I hope you understood that, I just smoked some Fire Kush, holy crap that’s some good stuff. :no_mouth:

1 Like

Thank you. And to be honest I just use digital meters I have the color tester kit but never used it for run off but I’m sure you can . I’ve tried checking apple juice and other drinks with that and it still changed the color according to the drinks ph . Next time try it !

1 Like

@doodlebug

I guess I can waste some apple juice, I had to giggle for a second, my husband always tells me “stop telling me to pick you up some apple juice, I buy you apple juice every other day, I know you need apple juice, I know you will die if you don’t have apple juice”, its funny you used apple juice as an example. or I am just really stoned and its not that funny but to myself. I know I should pick up a digital tester like my PPM tester. Its on my list, I recently bought a dirt moisture tester, that’s nice.

2 Likes

I’m sure you’ve double checked the settings on your tds meter, but just in case… the other day I went into a tizzy cause my ppms came out at 4500. I check runnoff nearly everytime I water/feed and that was way out of line. At first I thought my meter was malfunctioning. Turns out I accidentally switched to the ec function and didnt realize it. Ppm was actually 1450 which was normal.

Lol. Thought this post was from Jan 17th. Not Jan 2017. Sure he figured it out. Lol

1 Like

Ppm continues to increase if you’re not watering to runoff. You have to allow the old nutrients to wash out when adding new or it will build up quick.