PPM reading for FF soil and nutes

@Docnraq thanks for the words of advice. I have pulled her out of the woods and under shelter to dry out. Good thing because we got another downpour and I doubt she would have survived another. Still she does not look that well. I put a fan on her and dried out the buds, soil is drying too but still somewhat wet. She is losing a lot of her fan leaves. Is there anything else I can do at this point. I think she is in Nute lockout because of the low ph. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

1 Like

Not until she dries out. After that you could try watering in some garden lime

Id say flush your soil but if that was gonna work I would think it would have gotten that from all the rain.

Had a thought, you could do a foilar feeding. I dont know squat about doing it but there is likely plenty of info on the subject here on the boards.

Wow impeccable timing and a great idea! Been growing plants and flowers and have found making compost for my plants are very beneficial to them. Having built one in about 3 years but decided to start one this summer. While it’s not quite finished I dug out some of the core to make a tea. It’s been brewing since early this morning. Was toying with the idea of watering her with the tea but your idea is much better. She looks really bad and I’m not sure she will make it so I just sprayed her with it. She’s been drying out with two fans on her but her buds are dry. Will give her a lil air conditioning tonight. Thanks so much for the fantastic idea!

1 Like

@Docnraq thanks for the great idea of foliar feeding. She still looks bad but I think I see a bit of improvement in her. I mixed some of the Fox farm nutes and diluted by half then sprayed on her. Also been spraying with a compost tea. In addition gave her a little compost tea in the soil since she had not been watered since Tuesday and we are in the 90s today. Here are some of her pics, first couple is before I cut off some of the dead leaves.

Need some help with my Purple Haze. She is planted in Fox Farm soil in a 10 gallon fabric pot and has been growing beautifully. Been giving her mostly water since she is in Fox farm. I did add a teaspoon of CalMag the last 2 times I watered (water every 2-3 days). She looks good but I am seeing some leaves turning and I’m not sure what is causing it. I just started using a PH meter. Yesterday I gave her 3 gallons of water with a higher PH because my run off has been low. Going in 6.9 ph, 400 ppm, runoff was 5.6ph with 743 ppm. She is growing and overall looks good but those leaves worry me. they are not all the way at the bottom, more in the middle. Does anyone else have this problem with PH with Foxfarm? I did a little experiment. Took some water at 6.9 ph and mixed with fox farm out of the bag, added some water then tested the PH of the solution and I got 5.8 ph.

What is causing the yellow leaves? I think I may need to start feeding her since my PPM is coming in under 1000ppm. I had a nute burn experience early on with a Strawberry Cough strain using Fox farm soil and nutes. Now I am almost afraid to give nutes. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

My first grow has been a Purple Haze and Strawberry Cough from seed and another plant that I was given with no info on strand. They would all be dead if not for this site and the experienced growers who share their knowledge and time to help others. Thanks so much!

2 Likes

Likely cause of yellowing, over and underwatering will give this look also but your ppm says FEED ME!

Dont sweat it, real harmful damage would be if you over fed and did nothing about it. Then fed smore! Best way to fix an overfeed is flush soil with phd water till runoff comes in range.
I like to have my tips burn a bit, it says they are for sure taking in nutes and for sure they have all they can eat. Its when whole leaves get all messed up that you have gone to far. In flower I like to push soil ppms into 12 even 1300.
This flow chart will help you to identify issues through simple deduction. Its the best one I have seen online.

Its normal for lower leaves to turn yellow during flower its the speckles that worry me, again she is prolly very hungry, she is a big lady! Do yourself a favor and clip off those dmged leaves, she will waste energy on em and they will never come back. It will also help you to see if problem persists.

Thought I would give you an update on my monster plant with the Miracle Grow dirt. I listened to your advice, took her out of the woods (and rain) put her under cover with fans blowing on her for 24 hours to attempt to dry her out. The buds did dry out and I have seen no more signs of bud rot, but man she looked pretty bad. she’s in a very large pot (about 15-20 gallon) so it did take some time for the soil to dry out since she had been in heavy rain for more than a couple of days. Been giving her sunshine (temps in 90s and high humidity) and clipped a lot of damaged leaves. Also at night I bring her into a shed which has air condition which is helping to keep those buds dry. Last week she looked so bad I was thinking about giving up on her because she was that bad. But I didn’t and this week I started to see white pistols coming out of the tops of some of the buds. YEAAAA!!! Although she is about 1/4 the size she originally was I think she may make it. When she was thriving I was very particular about letting her soil dry out before watering or feeding her. It seems that when she got all the rain day after day is when the Miracle Grow soil gave her nute lockout. I think or I am hoping if I keep her from getting over saturated she may just make it. She is about 8 weeks into flowering now and I have no idea how much longer she will take but just taking it day by day. Can’t say how much I appreciate your comments and advice, she would have never made it without the changes I made and I made those changes based on your comments. I read them over and over and finally figured out a way to make it happen. For my first grow, I started off growing 2 plants from seeds then was given this plant at about 2 months old and didn’t have a clue on how to do this. Thanks to this site and people like you my plant may survive and more importantly I have learned so much. Still have much more to learn but so thankful for all the comments and suggestions on this site.

Here are a couple of pics of her today. She’s not the prettiest and still has some dead spots but very much improved from last week.

Thanks so much!!

2 Likes

She lives! And that, my friend, is why they call it weed! She looks a zillion times better then just a week ago! Happy to help! Someone did the same for me, so now you know what to do when you get the process down… pay it forward right! Glad to see she is on the way to recovery. Maybe not a ton of bud but the educational experience is priceless. Keep me posted!

Survivor weed! It will be special. :+1:t2: