PPM pen stopped working

Sorry again to hear about that mold. I was thinking about that the other day. My two big girls have been tied and twisted and turned and they actually look like a spine and rib cage. I was thinking about dropping the whole plant and hanging it but I was thinking about how that rib cage is going to enclose when it shrinks. Would like to try to get as much as I can out of the stock. Maybe I will try to figure a way to keep it spread apart. My veg tent is 2 feet away from my flower tent inside my bedroom. LOL I’ve got it blocked off so the veg are goes one way and the flower goes the other direction. But with my Jimmy rigged set up that’s the best I got right now. I’m trying to think of a way of getting my big huge dehumidifier under my experiment side of my flower tent and running exhaust off of the dehumidifier out. Dehumidifier pushes out about 84°. Had it in there for one night and had to turn it off Temps got to the mid-to-upper 80s

mmmmmmmm bacon. Got to love being a stoner and having to cook bacon:-)

1 Like

Yeah you’re better off dehumidifying the room that the tent is in as opposed to having it in the tent. Then if you have an intake and exhaust fan you can intake the dry air and exhaust the wet air.

2 Likes

I tried putting the big dehumidifier right outside the tent next to the fan is blowing air into the tent. Hoping that the dehumidifier would dry out the air around the fan before blowing it in. And then I do have a clip on fan pulling air out. It’s a 6-inch bands sitting on top of a whole I have in the corner of the tent. Was thinking about putting the fan on the inside of the tent up against the hole. It being outside the tent Believe It or Not doesn’t do anything that I can tell inside the tent. Everything is homemade or Jimmy rigged. It’s not as bad as it sounds I’m just a single dad on a tight budget. As a matter of fact my seeds are bag seeds and I don’t even know from what. Found them in my leftover tossed salad jar :slight_smile: trying to figure all this out as I go. Once again I do appreciate your help and feedback. I appreciate it

1 Like

Silica as ph up…humm but only time I NEED to ph is when I add silica …I would do this if I needed to ph up but my nute mix settles 6.4 to 6.5 I hate when that happens … a cap full of slf 100 and a thorough mixing and dissolving if your nutes before watering in Ff trio will help regulate your salt build up big time … cool lil trick I found early on growing it’s essentially a mini flush break down every watering what dosent get used or build up next water breaks it down and next washes it out and so on …well it never really builds up if you use slf 100 every watering makes the nutes super available

2 Likes

Second that. Really cuts down on needed flushes.

1 Like

Maybe I’ll look into that slf-100. It would definitely make flushing easier if it’s constantly breaking down. Just depends on how much it cost I got other things I got to do right now. I appreciate the feedback

Super cheap 18 to 20 bucks a quart a quart last a long time 1 cap full is less then recommended on bottle when used for flush but I use a little bit multiple times instead of doing a flush …every watering is a mini flush

1 Like

This is what it looks like

1 Like

Niiiice. Thank you I appreciate that

When you flush how much water do you use per plant? I was told if using straight water use 2x the plant pot size (i.e. 5 gallon pot = 10 gallons of flush water) but I also have been using Sledgehammer from Fox Farm.

1 Like

Make sure to feed with properly PHed water, immediately after flushing with Sledgehammer. It removes salt buildup, but also removes many of the nutrients built up in soil. I haven’t used Sledgehammer for a while, so I can’t remember what the recommended amount of water is. But it should say in Sledgehammer directions.

Yeah I reached out to FF and they said to use 2 TSP per gallon of water and flush 2x the amount im usually watering them with, which is usually 2 gallons because in the late stages I water them 1 gallon every other day.
But I then flush with 7.0 ph water roughly 4 more gallons a piece.
Still have salt lockouts so I’m going to flush a little more often.

7.0 is to high for ph, this may be causing issues. When you use Sledgehammer it will help reset ph in soil. If you are going in with 7.0 while flushing your ph may be getting to high. Have you taken runoff ph readings. You want your ph in soil to be between 6.3 and 6.8

I’m in a 5 gallon bucket for my indica. And my sativa that’s going in the tent in a month is also in a 5 gallon bucket. Will not be doing 5 gallon buckets again just for the flush Factory itself. That’s a lot of water :frowning:

Yea they say double but I never ever did a 2x flush using emerald harvest or general hydronium use slf 100 every watering and I never. needed to flush ever

1 Like