PPM on my two ladies

HI everyone! I am into my 3rd, 4th week of flower and I’m pretty sure I have a nute problem. I checked my pH and ppm after watering and these are the results I got. Please let me know what could be the issue. Turbo pH is 5.8, ppm is 1587. WW pH is 6.2 and ppm is 1781. I am on 12/12 light schedule.
I changed all my lighting to two lights with 500w from the wall and one LED grow with 150w out the wall in a 2x2x4 tent I have circulating air at all times and a RH of 58% to 66%. My temps usually run 62F (night)to 76F (day). I use a perlite/peat moss mix with vermiculite.I am now using FF Tiger Bloom 2-8-4 with cal-mag from Bloom City. My buds are extremely sticky, dense and smell fab, but my leaves are having some problems I think. My trichomes are mostly white with some cloudy and amber on both girls.

4 Likes

Meant to add they are both in 5 gal buckets and getting cramped since I didn’t lst either of them.

Im no expert and i may be completely wrong but your plants look healthy to me, the lower fan leaves will lose nitrogen causing them to turn yellow and die this is normal for flowering from my understanding.

4 Likes

Thanks for the info. Was getting a little worried about them, feel better now.

2 Likes

I am in the same place as you @jwood, and I agree with you. Maybe @Hoppiefrog can give us some advice? I just realized that they were autoflower, and the autoflower wizard is, imo, @blackthumbbetty!

1 Like

Yes, they are autoflower, forgot to mention that…

1 Like

It’s not obvious, but it’s in your thread description! :wink:

1 Like

First plant might have gotten a tad too much food at beginning of flower. Second is prob a soil pH issue

2 Likes

Like @kaptain3d said @blackthumbbetty is a the auto pro for sure she won’t steervu wrong

1 Like

Zut de flute, I’m out of likes again!

Admins please give us something like 3 000 000 likes when we first start reading the forums or make the contents less interesting!!! :rofl:

1 Like

What were your input numbers?

I don’t see any real problem, except they look to be nitrogen heavy, which could potentially cause issues with locking out Calcium, Magnesium, and Potassium during bloom. I am not familiar with your line of nutrients, but in my experience with autos, you can almost completely cut out nitrogen once bloom begins.

I can’t tell where on your plants the yellowing is occurring. If they’re bottom/old leaves, no big deal. If they’re higher up in the plant, then you might have issues.

2 Likes

Just from my own personal experience, I think your ppms are a bit too high also. If it were me, I’d like them below 1200 for sure, and preferably 800-1000. Plants look pretty damn good though, I wouldn’t read into trichomes right now, especially on the leaves. Once in a while, I cook the trichomes from nute burn. You might be experiencing something like that.

1 Like

Sorry @VTGROW, but I don’t understand your answer to my post! :nerd_face:
Did you make a mistake while posting?

My response was actually for @webfubard

I wasn’t sure! Cool, thanks. Now I feel dumb… :rofl:

Lol
Pretty sure it was my fault. I should have used the @ symbol

They are yellowing around the middle and bottom as well. Most of the bottom leaves are dying normally I’m pretty sure. I was debating on a flush or let them dry some first, they are wet from fresh watering yesterday, or just play the waiting game since I started using the cal-mag recently.

I seem to have problems when using calmag. Not sure if that’s your case, but hard to maintain ppms and ph with other nutes included. My suggestion is to only use calmag and not other nutes in feedings of calmag.

Thanks. I appreciate it.