PPM meter which is the best or recommended

can i get opinion on the truncheon, blue labs ppm pen or the apera ppm meter? The two cheapos i have are showing 200 off from each other and one was showing 0 in RO until i took the battery out and put it back in and it went back to 10 where it should be. so my readings were 200 off this week.

1 Like

I’ve been happy with my Apera PC60.

3 Likes

I use the bluelab conductivity pen. No complaints

1 Like

Mostly use the bluelabs and Apera units

2 Likes

thats quite setup you have going there. gotta have those backups

1 Like

For sure, I need at least two working pens at all times. Want to make sure I’m not getting bad readings from a failed/failing probe. Storage is key. Many of those go unused and are just sitting around collecting dust. I, like so many other growers have a treasure chest of useless gear collected over the years. A trash mans dream. From lights to setups, extra tents, tools, mediums, dwrc setups, kits, nutrients, ventilation ect ect ect. I guess the only reason I keep them around is in case of emergency.

My next garage sale will be :fire: and I’ll net a whole 12$’s return :joy: on my hundreds, maybe thousands of $’s investment. I should be embarrassed at the amount of money I’ve spent over the past decade plus on absolutely useless or antiquated equipment, but w/e, learn from my mistakes.

Some of the lesser models in the pic I was provided free for my unbiased reviews on Amazon so not all were purchased like the vivuson meters (save your money). Firm believer of “You get what you pay for when it comes to tools“. The tools we use can determine a successful project. Highly recommend the bluelabs and apera meters if you can afford them.

2 Likes

I use the blue lab meters same as @ArmoredGoat. I don’t have the Complete kit but do have the 4.0 and 7.0 cal and storage solutions.
Work well just have to keep the glass tip wet on the ph meter.
:+1::v:

2 Likes

good deal. I am quickly seeing how this is an addictive “hobby” I spent most of my time on it now.
So I am sure I will have a trove of items as well.

I have an apera ph60 and ph20 for a back up. I am getting some wonky readings on the 60 so apera is sending a new probe. great customer service.

1 Like

I use those as well amd just ordered this, so they will become backup

PC60-Z Bluetooth Multi-Parameter Smart Tester Powered by ZenTest Mobile App, Measuring pH/Conductivity/TDS/Salinity/Resistivity/Temp.

1 Like

I just had my ec/ppm meter clunk out on me this morning. luckily had a backup. I just ordered the truncheon and got it out of the way. 5 year warranty and all that. Thats a nice one, with data logging… will that log for individual plants?

Lol, not sure but it seems to do a lot

1 Like

Bluelab Truncheon here.

2 Likes

Used the Apera PC60-Z for the first time today, and WOW!! being able to read the results through the APP in cell is amazing, and all in one meter . Don’t need to squint to read the numbers in bad light lol. it reads to the small decimal numbers. checking calibration using the APP is a breeze , and it does do logging and who knows what else. Just learning to use it. I am very impressed so far. The PH20 and EC60 will become backup meters

1 Like

bought the truncheon, so easy easy a caveman can use it.

1 Like

@jetlag how are you liking that meter? I have my finger on the trigger. Any complaints so far?

Love it, works very well. A small issue with android and the App but already talked to the company. It is a minor quibble and they will address it. App is very good, has spoiled me

2 Likes