PPM in coco during flowering stage

I am currently growing white widow in coco. I am in week 7 of flowering of my first grow.

I am currently familiarizing myself with ppm/ec. this is something I have been neglecting. I started measuring the run off. In week five, I did two 100pm waterings (my wet to dry cycle is 2 days), after which I measured it at 1800, I lowered my nute input to 600, since then and now my ppm is dropping slowly. Most are now around a 1000.

My goal is get it to where the in and the out are relatively the same. I was thinking that I was getting ahead of problems, now I am scared that taking unnecessary action, that could stress the plant with the finish line in sight.

Should have just asked.

Unless I’ve misunderstood, with Coco, you should be fertigating every day. And depending on pot volume, twice a day. This could be the cause of the PPM build up. You want to water enough for a 20% runoff each watering. Also, you don’t want Coco to dry out.

Sounds like you are good to go but something to think about going forward.

2 Likes

Using 5g pots. I have been watering about 14 gallons , with run off around 3 gallons, everyone other day.

The only thing I can think of is that I don’t have enough perlite; I was shooting for 70/30.

I don’t feeling that anything is wrong per se; I feeling like I might not be optimal or worse stressing them. With lack of stress symptoms I think it’s more of an optimization issue: what can I do better?

Look here, good stuff.

4 Likes

@Unexpected is correct on everything stated and also linked you to an excellent source. I’d add more to what’s already been said, but if you read the articles about ppm and EC you’ll understand it all a lot better than I can state it in a comment.

3 Likes

What ppm is your feed water coming in at before giving it to the plants ?

I just lowered it again to 600.

So basically the last feeding was 600 and 1000 out, tomorrow I will do 600 in and I am hoping for something like 800 out.

Ph I noticed on the last feeding was 5.6; so I was going to do tomorrows at 6.0.

What id recommend is doing a plain water flush around like 3 gallons then follow that up with a feeding of 900 to 1000ppm your girls are in flower they need a higher amount of food in flower

Should I ph it; my tap water is 6.9 ph @ 120ppm, can I use that to flush it through?

I use coco and from seed to harvest it’s full strength jacks everyday.

6 Likes

That’s how I understood I was supposed to do it, but my coco doesn’t dry fast enough.

1 Like

Thats the whole point of coco its not supposed to dry out its constant high fertigation thats what allow coco growers tonget such massive plants in shorter time frames

1 Like

I will flush as you suggested and start feeding more often. If I am only feeding half, what I should, then I am not maximizing their potential.

I hear every newbie over waters and so maybe that makes me overly precautious?

2 Likes

Its easy to over water in soil coco not as easy tho lol if you have access to ro water or distilled thats what id flush with then hit her with a full strength feed of nutrients and it can also be ok to feed every other day in coco but if you in flower its definitely recommend to be feeding daily some even feed 2x to 3x daily do ypu habe fans in your tents at all especially on the floor area hitting the pots?

2 Likes

I have a 6 fans, two of which are under the canopy, and a dehumidifier.
The dehumidifier says it’s 50% humidity, Bluetooth sensor says 65%, the exhaust fan says 60%.
I fear that I did not clear enough foliage before They started to flower.

So I tried to put 3 gallons as you said. Found out my drainage pump cannot handle that much run off, flooded my basement and managed not completely brake off some branches overreacting to the mess.

So tired to trim them to dry:

@LiesGrows , well did as you suggested; my ppm in and out is relatively the same as well as the ph levels. I am now fertigating daily and using less water per feeding, just enough to get a little run off.

1 Like

Perfect yeah you only want about 15% run off

1 Like