Ppm and ph run offs i here alot about

so when people talk off run offs what are we looking for ideally . are we looking for lower numbers on the run off than what was going into the plant or would be better if it was the same coming out as going in ?

1 Like
5 Likes

Dave101 got you. Lol

I am pretty new to this stuff but I am pretty certain it will depend on the medium you are growing in. I went with the coco and Jacks route and water to runoff every day, today is 2 months since sprouting and everything has gone very easy. 2 of the first things I got were a PH meter and an EC meter I use every day, but I still haven’t checked the runoff-other than how much of it there is. If things looked funny, I would start checking PH and TDS of my runoff. Now I am gonna watch that video linked above.

1 Like

thankyou @Dave101

1 Like

so @skippyisnohippy dont you let the coco dry out at all ?

1 Like

No. Let me preface again I am a new grower, first time for me. When reading some of the grow journals here, coco growers kept saying things to experienced growers that didn’t make sense to me. Like I water every day, to runoff of 10-20%. Or how they could just flush the coco and immediately start feeding whatever the correct nutrients were. It seems to me that using just the coco is basically a hydroponic system, it is just a human that delivers the water. I had 7 seeds sprout on June 15 and intentionally gave them more water than I thought they could stand, they just seem to love it. I probably only missed watering 3 or 4 times in the first 4 weeks, other than that it was every day. Now My grow is not organic in any way, but my plants have only taken in things I intentionally gave them. I will tag you into my journal if you like, it’s pretty boring actually.

1 Like

yes do that ill read as i need to learn and thanks