Ppm after flush keeps rising?

Growing autos for the 1st time… I’ve never worried about ppm before bc I grew outdoors & honestly don’t know how I would’ve tested …
anyway …

The plants look healthy other than being extremely small … so I tested the ph & it was fine… sooo I tested the runoff ph, also fine… but the ppm meter read 5687… & yes I’m sure it’s thousands & not hundreds …
a week & a half ago I flushed them & the numbers came down to around 1500… I know that’s still high but I stopped flushing there…
Directly after the flush, I top dressed with worm castings & have given them nothing but distilled water for the last 11 days… when I tested the ppm today… it was back up to 5347… wtf am I doing wrong … why would water with only 47 ppm make the soil ppm skyrocket back up ???

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum! You stated you top dressed right after flushing. That’s adding ppm. But, if you’re organic, you shouldn’t have to worry about ppm.

2 Likes

Soooo here’s where I’m at… I started with soil & using the flora trio line… but I only fed the plants 2 maybe 3 feedings… they’re 30 days old today … this took pl about 11days ago when there was no vertical growth, I checked the ppm …I did top dress with only earthworm castings … no other organic “ferts” … I wouldn’t expect worm castings to re raise my ppms from 1500 back up into the 5000s… you think worm castings would spike my ppm that much ??
I’m full on, reflushing 1 of the plants as we speak… I’m using 3 Gal pots … I’m currently 3 gallons of water in & have only seen it drop down to 2800 :man_facepalming:t2:

1 Like

1 Like

If you’re in living soil the ppm should never make you flush you will get crazy # I’ve gotten that in ffof the plant has to break down the food in a form it can uptake ,the plant does not eat worm castings And such if you flush You are killing the living soil it takes up to two weeks to see change good or bad in soil but just a guess without knowing the plants situation

2 Likes

The plants look good. I wouldn’t flush because of the numbers you’re seeing. That’s where you’re going to run into issues.

2 Likes

Once you’ve flushed, STEP AWAY FROM THE NUTES, DUDE!

3 Likes

Yea I plan to do a full organic run next time around… I think the salt built up in soil pockets &/or the worm castings, worked against me & retained more of the heavy nuets that were still left over in the soil & just re-locked me out… I flushed down to 1500 again which I know is still on the higher side… I’m not adding anything to it this time & im gonna monitor every watering going forward … at this rate, I’ll be lucky to straight water the rest of the way thru & still probably end up with 500+ ppm :man_facepalming:t2:

1 Like

It looks good but it’s only 8” high … they def got stunted somewhere along the line

1 Like

That could easily just be a phenotype thing. Not seeing anything to indicate the ppms causing it.

1 Like

I would’ve thought with #S in the 5000s I would’ve seen tip burn or other leaf mutations & to my surprise, no other indications that it’s deficient or over fed, other than that ppm & being superrrrr short plants … I’ve never grown autos sooo idk maybe just the Phenotype

1 Like

I grow in soil that hits the 5000’s right out of the bag. First time I used it it freaked me out and I flushed. Had no issues with the plant before the flush but after the flush, nothing but problems. I threw off the balance of the soil. Ever since then I let it go. Haven’t had a problem since.

2 Likes

If you have a healthy plant and you see no vertical growth the plant is laying down more roots.
The plant is never stagnant when it’s healthy.

2 Likes

Yea that fox farm comes out the bag smokin hot … holy shit !!

The one I use is called Big Rootz. Even hotter than ocean forest but seedlings do fine in it.

1 Like

They seem to be catching up Lil by lil

1 Like

Wow, may be the photo angle but looks like she’s gain some height for 2 days.

1 Like

She musta been laying down roots during the slow phase… she took off & now she’s in that early flower stretch … loving life … I’ll post pics when the buds harden up

1 Like

talk about addin weight

1 Like

1 Like