Power outages during flower

So how do you guys deal will power outages?
I switched to flower just over a week ago. Took a trip and came back to find my lights on at 3 am. Which, of course , is outside of the new light cycle…
A storm came through just after i left.
First, what kind of damage do you think is done? And second, do any of you use a UPS type back up in such cases?
I am drawing less than 600 watts on lighting. All LED

The plant(s) won’t notice an extended dark period.

2 Likes

We had a power failure last weekend so I ran both generators to heat house and maintain tent.6.5 hrs no power worked very well, obviously if I wasnt arond I would have had an issue but this is what i do now so I’m around more close to home

1 Like

I agree with @MidwestGuy your timer may have shifted but they’ll likely behave as if nothing happened. Outdoors they can get crazy week long overcast rainy periods and still do their thing.

2 Likes

Be sure you have them lights grounded good if you go to hooking up a generator and some only like Sine Wave.

Power outages are a pain, if u got it, a generator is nice especially when those Hurricanes roll across.

If you are having constant power outages I would consider getting a generator short of that any of these bright camping lanterns will get you through an outage and they run on double AA.

To grow cannabis one must often think outside the box.

And ps, don’t forget to reset your timer.

1 Like

Sucks, happens even if we don’t leave home.
Wax-On, Wax-Off.
Cant control, just do your best, routine.
If you love them, they love you.
Sucks, if you leave them, they will for sure, leave you, IMO and experience.
Generator’s now are even Solar or battery charged. Little more than flash light on for long time, would interrupt dark. Cloudy days happen.

3 Likes

Well it seems to have carried on like nothing happened… am starting te see the first signs of bud starts without a magnifier in hand! Thought i had screwed it up good lol

3 Likes

You need to get digital timer’s for your flower room…
Lights out wont hurt anything, but lights on when they are supposed to be off will mess everything up…
It can cause all kinds of problems…
I use digital timer’s on everything thats important, because they never loose time or gradually shift like the machainical ones do and if the power goes out , they never forget what time it was…
:v:t4: :sunglasses:

This is one of the types I use I have the dial type but power outages not friendly

This one is nice you can decide on days or weeks user friendly

2 Likes

I actually have the one on the bottom. I found after digging in deep that i had a separate timer set in the background that turned on lights certain days!! Didn’t realize! If i hadn’t taken that trip and come back so late I never would have known. Man its about the little things isn’t it? Guess its best i found it just after switching cycles. Thanks guys!

2 Likes

3 Likes