Power outage during veg

Should I worry about a 7 hr power outage during Wk 6 of veg ? Am on an 18/6 cycle and the outage will make 11hrs of light. Am Fimming at the end of this week (end Wk 5). Hope to start flowering by Wk 7. Will there be any problems with the power outage that might flip the girls into premature flowering ?

Nah, you are fine. Just continue on how you were.

3 Likes

It was a ‘cloudy day’ with not as much sunshine, that’s all :slight_smile:

1 Like

It might be more of an issue in flower though. If it is a frequent problem (like at my rural place) a small generator might be a decent investment.

1 Like

Thank you @Aolelon and @Whodat66 , just got worried getting so close to flipping. Makes sense though. BTW, first grow.

2 Likes

I’m a newbie here and I am having this exact same issue right now. Some jackass rammed thru our telephone pole and somehow kept going. PG&E working on it now but it’s been 8+ hours and I love my girls so I was worried. Thanks for the reassurance

2 Likes

Happens here many times throughout the winter, as long as your in veg, its normally not a big deal.

2 Likes

What should I do if I lose power while im in flowering stage

Nothing! Just wait till the power comes back on, let the cycle continue as it did before. It isnt ideal but its better than light leaks when it should be dark. If you jave access to a generator, it might be a great option? Otherwise dont sweat it. Of course if your power is out for more than a day, you may want to give them window light for the day? Assuming you can get a generator?

1 Like

That’s what I’m doing now hopefully the power gets fixed soon… do you have any knowledge on co2 bag because I bought one and wanted to know how long would it take to see results if any

You will not see any results with a C02 bag. Sadly, many people buy them with hopes of huge plant growth, only to find they take up space. For C02 to be effective you need a recirculating system, essentially total environmental control. Otherwise the gasses you want the plant to benefit from escape with each subsequent ventilation cycle. Also your temperatures should be higher and light needs to be very powerful. Those bags bo not generate anywhere close to the required ppm of gas that plants need to see results and that is why most C02 enriched growers use bottled gas. As you might expect, C02 is kinda spendy to get serious with when you factor in the environmental control you require.
Also the required levels of C02 are quite dangerous to humans and respect is needed when using bottled gas, you need a regulator and a gas sensor. You also need to understand that C02 displaces oxygen and you can get quite sick being in an enriched room. The room needs a complete cycle with gas turned off before any work can be safely done in there. Its no joke to use displacing gasses. It can kill. Its happened before. Growers in a basement were killed after they fell asleep on a couch smokin dope and watching a video. They had no idea they were falling asleep because of oxygen deprivation. The C02 levels kept rising and they never woke up. Pretty dangerous stuff. Not worth it in my opinion.

2 Likes

Wow I literally saw a little bag in this video about this grow box called grandma’s secret garden and pretty much it’s a wooden box damn near the same as a grow tent in terms of how it’s operates, concealment is the only big factor… anyway you can buy a co2 bag with it… it hangs on the door right in front of the plants with the fans literally behind them so the gases would have to pass through them before it leaves the through the co2 filter it’s pretty neat when you look it… I wasn’t about to purchase a Co2 dispenser or anything it’s not that serious I just want some nice bud

I wouldnt bother trying to produce C02, its pointless.

Well I already have the bag in use and it’s suppose to last up to 6 months… imma just leave it in the tent it is kinda taking up space but whatever I can’t return now

1 Like

Seriously, there is plenty of it flying around us the plants have lots to breath. The biggest gains are made from proper environmental control and light. Thats the cold hard facts, Co2 is barely worth it. Even the guys that use it usually say the gains are noticeable but not as noticeable as proper environmental control and good lighting. Obviously feedbis pretty important too, but check out some of the suoer dank bud grown on this site! Most if it is grown without anything but atmospheric gasses.

2 Likes

Ok so when my power went out they were using sunlight only… unfortunately when I didn’t get back home until the power was already turned back on so they gettin sunlight combined with the LED for about a hr or so before I closed the tent back… long story short the soil dried out she started wilting I gave both of them a thorough watering and she’s not wilting anymore however the big one does have curly tips and some brown spots now what should I do… it’s only been a few days

Water and feed as per normal. Get them back on schedule. Worry about that stuff once you have everything going smoothly again. Then start from scratch on any plants that seem unwell. Check runoff ph and ec. Correct if needed. Etc.

1 Like