Powdery Mildew Close to Harvest, Just defoliate?

I’m 2-3 weeks from harvest and have noticed a bit of WPM.
Would it hurt to just cut the leaves off?
I did not defoliate at any time, but I did top them during veg.

1 Like

Hard to tell without a pic but if it’s only a few you could carefully snip them off or try wiping off with a damp cloth. Increased airflow helps plus lowering the temp and RH.

4 Likes

I went thru white powdery mildew. I now keep night time temps around 19 C and humidity around 35%. That advise has seem to work for me. I did lose that crop tho.

IMO I would spray the leaves with a peroxide and water mix just before lights out. Then do a bud wash at harvest.

2 Likes

I did a mild defoliation. Will spray tomorrow.

1 Like

Plan on doing a bud wash: you know wpm is present and what you have seen is only some of it. It is likely inside flower and washing harvest is the best way to tackle it. Easy, safe and works well.

2 Likes

How would one go about drying after said wash @Myfriendis410?

1 cup of peroxide in a 5 gallon bucket of water. Immerse cut branches for 5 or 6 minutes, rinse in cold tap water then hang to drip dry (takes a couple of hours) then dry as normal.

If you combine that with refrigeration after cure your flower will last for years. I’m smoking some Purple Haze I put in jars in September 2018.

Here’s what came off of 1 indoor plant:

Lots of environmental crap floating around the house: skin cells, hair, pet dander etc that I prefer not to smoke.

4 Likes

@Myfriendis410 fantastic! Thank you for that well thought out and perfectly presented information!

1 Like