Poverty Mountain

Yes. There isn’t any reason a rootstock has to be of similar variety. At least in the species with which Im familiar. Grapes, maples, woody plants of almost any sort.

1 Like

What you’re getting is the vasculature, the hydraulic system. The usage of nutrients takes place in the cells, not in the root stock, so as long as the vasculature can provide at a rate sufficient for the graft it should be fine.

1 Like

Soooooo.
I’m allowed six plants in veg, flower and three clones.
If I spliced I could grow twelve strains on six plants!
I love variety!

2 Likes

Now grafting that stem shape will be a pita.

That is plausible yes. Bear in mind the root stock will senesce at its natural rate so whatever you add needs to be able to finish by then or earlier. This is all supposition mind you. lol.

1 Like

Dad and Grampa taught me to splice fruit trees as a kid. I just wondered if it was a pot growing thing. You know, say you want to grow a variety that struggles in a certain environment, start a plant that thrives in that soil, temp… and splice yours onto that.
Just wondered.

1 Like

I’m with you, I can see the appeal. I don’t know if a plant with a four month cycle can really benefit from it but it might be useful. Surely someone has tried. :honeybee:

1 Like

6 in flower, 6 in veg under 14" an 6 clones. In Mo., Mo. Had a guy years ago tell me he graffted a pot top to a hopps plant. He was a botany student at a local college. I never did see it tho so coulda been bull.

@pillsbury
I’d like to shake them up if they ever checked and found I have one monster sativa mother plant with eight branches grafted from eight different indica strains that required similar care. Now wouldn’t THAT set them on their ear!

3 Likes

Its been tried…to the best of my knowledge, only one grafting took hold and there was a lot of complications… Think the project got abandoned…:sunglasses::v:

3 Likes

I love a good experiment. I may have to try to graft a pot plant someday.
I’m sure Arrow is correct and, as in the attempt he spoke about, there will be complications. After Mo goes recreational I plan to grow outside and have some fun experimenting.

4 Likes

Whoa u know something that I don’t, @MoBilly After Mo goes recreational I plan to grow outside and have some fun experimenting. I check Mo. Dept. of Health n Senior Ser. daily n ain’t seen nothing about recreational being legalized. U just crystal balling it, r do u know something different? .:grinning::grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::v::v::alien:

1 Like

@AlienBrew .
I don’t talk politics often on open forums (too volatile and I wouldn’t want to start up arguments) but I see things setting up for it.
Missouri expanded Medicaid now. I know that a lot of people are working hard and still needing help. I understand the need. I also can not see our infrastructure being maintained (or improved if you believe how much they plan to spend there).
Anyway, all this future expense sets up the state for one thing; a huge demand for new revenue to fund all this.
That is how the Democrats in Jeff will get the Republicans to agree to recreational pot.
That’s just me thinking out loud. “The gospel according to MoBilly”.
BTW
I make no statement about agreeing with or disagreeing with the state expanding medicaid. Please don’t get angry anyone.
:pray:

5 Likes

@MoBilly, I’m not talking politics, I’m talking legalizing rec. marijuana n Mo. U stated after Mo. goes recreational u gots some fun experimenting planned. I just thought u seen something somewhere I haven’t seen yet. Hence the question if ur just speculating, r u know something about rec. marijuana I haven’t seen yet. No politics, none what so ever, none, nada, ziltch, sorry for the misunderstanding…:v::alien:

3 Likes

My apologies @AlienBrew .
I didn’t think you were, and I should have stated that fact. It slipped my thought processes I guess.
No, I was just stating it that way because I didn’t want my comment to create an opportunity for a political discussion to begin.
Even though I thoroughly enjoy a deep political discussion, I wouldn’t wish to have one develop here. This isn’t the forum for that and I’ll respect that.
Your question was understood and the answer I chose to give might have generated a conversation I didn’t want.
Again, my sincere apologies for the misunderstanding.

4 Likes

I need some help y’all.
One of my clones is having some issues.

When I watered three days ago I saw she was looking more wilted and dry to the touch than she should have at that moisture level. I used my meter to check and it was on the lower line of moist. I went ahead and watered pH only (every third is just a drink). Runoff was 1460 ppm.
She didn’t perk up after watering and is declining. When I pulled her I saw the discoloration of that leaf. A few other of her leaves have a little as well. I turned her so I can watch the leaf to see if it worsens but I’m inclined to remove it in case it could spread by leaving it.

All the rest are fine. I just took pics and am putting together a full update but I need help more immediately.
Thanks everyone!

7 Likes

@kaptain3d @CC_Mo @Turbonelson @Eagles009 @AlienBrew @Axemanjake23 @Arrow @Bulldognuts @Eagles009 @Dman1969

@dbrn32 @GREANDAL @Ghobbs82 @Holmes @Hellraiser @Covertgrower @Carpenter

2 Likes

@Bodiefromthewire @BStarr @Blackmoon @Nicky @Noctis420 @Not2SureYet @MattyBear @Turbonelson @Unknown @imSICKkid

1 Like

Overall appearance looking a a
little toxic. Waxy curl. Little burn spots showing. If it were my plant I’d just go straight water til she looked happier.

9 Likes