Poverty Mountain

Welcome! Right now I’m more questions than answers but I’m having a blast and some little success (for a novice grower).

6 Likes

Mate we are in the same position! This is my first grow too and owe my success/progress thus far to these amazing people in this community :purple_heart:

7 Likes

Hey everyone. I have a question. I’m trying to plan my next grow. I have three LA Confidential clones already.
My needs are simple.
I want to go photo.
I need one strain for pain that still allows me to think and function, and another that will knock me out at night despite anything.
You guys have a better idea what’s out there. What do you think?
@kaptain3d @dbrn32 @Noctis420 @Suckerpunch @Nicky @Not2SureYet @Fergus @Covertgrower

I’d like to purchase at least one strain from ILGM, preferably both.

5 Likes

@Cannabian @Life1 @kaptain3d @Medicated1 @Axemanjake23 @imSICKkid @MattyBear @JaneQP @Holmes

2 Likes

Wish I could help! I don’t imbibe but only grow for my hubster and my adult children.

2 Likes

Thanks anyway Jane. My wife is much the same. She helps me with the grow but doesn’t partake.

1 Like

ILGM has the classics, cannabis reacts different for everyone but NYC Diesel is the best sativa they have for pain. It’s not one I’ve personally consumed but I use a handy comparison website called comparethestrain.ca
Otherwise I would have said Bruce banner but NYC Diesel beats it out.

As far as sleeping strains purple kush beats out some of the great classics such as grand daddy purple, northern lights, etc. Again use the comparison website for a general idea.

I’m growing some purple kush autos right now.
They are nice looking and smelling but have yet to compare them to my northern lights.

8 Likes

I’ll read up on purple k. I have some Northern lights x Mazar (the two autos I harvested recently) and it helps but the supply is limited.

2 Likes

I’m not the person to ask. I use strictly for recreational purposes, and they will all put me to sleep if I have enough.

5 Likes

@Missiles likes the Purple hush for nights as well. I think it was that. And I have saw where 2 members on here. Slips my mind. Said these are almost unbeatable for pain. I can’t say personally.

Peach Puree CBD

Super Critical Bud CBD

4 Likes

Try Trainwreck for pain but wont knock you out. Give Gorilla Glue a try for sleep. It kicks my ass every time. Both ilgm strains

3 Likes

I do! I actually need to grow me another one. Excellent night time strain.

3 Likes

I have grown the Super Critical Bud CBD last grow. Very effective for the pain but packs quite a punch. :nerd_face:

Peach Puree is a favorite of @MrPeat! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

3 Likes

@Missiles you seen mine 6 posts above?

I am currently also growing one that is just going into flower. On the left.20210116_120028

Also @MoBilly use the site I recommend to you, www.compareastrain.ca

You’ll get a million different answers so a review/rating site helps narrow it.

1 Like

Afghani strains are really good for what you want… if you are looking for strains with better balance of cannabinoids, you may want to try some heritage strains like x18 ? The landraces I grew are outstanding. The longer you flower, the more couch lock you get. But the balance of Thc to Cbd is much nicer for some folks than the super high Thc hybrids. You also get thcv in some phenos on occasion.

2 Likes

Jack herer for day smoke man. My fave, white widow for later in the evening. And I love my last critical mass cbd I grew for pain. Helps with my uncles eye pain and pressure from tumors a lot. Thats just my opinion

1 Like

Hey Kap I don’t understand how this works? I thought CBD was the active ingredient in hemp oil and doesn’t cause any kind of a high? Or have I got my wires crossed here?

1 Like

That strain has 25% THC and 23% CBD. :nerd_face:

1 Like

Oh true! So it’s still the high THC packing the punch, they’ve just raised the CBD for the pain relief?

Just made my list. Thanks Kap.

1 Like