Potting soil mix for marijuana

I got this from someone on yt and does this sound good? (15gal pots) Sunshine #4 w each pot gets 1/4 bag of roots organic earthworm castings rest soil fed on tap w neutral ph balance

do i use the weight of the dirt as first my 50%?

im new to the forum and the mixing my own soil process,i want to try ur mixture .do i use the weight of the sterile dirt as my base weight?meaning in a 50lb bag of dirt i would use 10 lbs of perlite and peatmoss,and 5lbs of vermiculite?then add 4 lbs of epsom and lime.does this sound rite? and thankx for all you guys do to help us out here trying to diy

@jonesnomo

I do not weigh anything. :slight_smile: It is not rocket science. Pour a bag of dirt in a concrete mixing tray big enough for your project. Add perlite until it looks like 1/4 to 1/3 perl;ite in dirt. Add peat moss until dirt starts to soften up. Add a good dusting of vermiculite, and stir it all together.

The values posted in this simple dirt recipe can be adjusted any way you like, and they are merely a guideline. Have fun with it…

Or; Buy Promix and add sterile dirt.

3 Likes

i have a question.can i use a 100 watt light for veg and flower. thats all i have

Bake the dirt for 30 minutes or until 165 degree f. center.

I didnt know better and did just that. Wasnt the best result, but it worked ?!

STRAIN:
Animal Cookies

TYPE:
Auto-flower

CLIMATE:
Indoor

MEDIUM:
3 x parts of Peat Moss
3 x parts of “Compost”
2 x parts of Coco Coil
1 x part of Vermiculite

NUTRIENT MIX:
Wanting to avoid any burning, had planned on relying on nutrients included in my final medium and adding Mycorrhizal (…gently to tap root, perhaps, when transferring germinated auto to final container?)

LIGHT TYPE AND SCHEDULE:
1000W LED
Likely 20 on 4 off, we’ll see.

VENTILATION COMPONENTS:

• in my 2 x 2.5’ Gorilla Tent:
  • inline fan, ducting, carbon filter
  • more fans, etc.

THIS IS MY 1st EVER ATTEMPT

• regarding what I was able to find online regarding the medium I plan on employing at this time:

Processing: 87C53B44-A962-47E3-B6DB-B1E2C3327496.jpeg…

Anyway the pic Ive attempted to upload depicts:

3 x parts of Peat Moss
3 x parts of “Compost”
2 x parts of Coco Coil
1 x part of Vermiculite

**My main question at this point (as answer really was not as forthcoming as one might imagine), is simply concerning the term “compost”

Would 3 parts x worm castings be considered “compost”? If not, can you please advise on “compost”?

That would be greatly appreciated.

Also, at this point I am unsure as to any nutrients and what sort of ratio if certain product recommended.

As I had mentioned earlier, have a hunch Mycorrhizal may be a good idea - if so, how would you advise to apply for auto-flower Animal Cookies? If another approach recommended, definitely open to any suggestions regarding nutrition and not wanting to burn plant.

Thought I’d be able to find a: “how to grow Animal Cookies auto flower indoors, step by step” - lol - guide online. Oh well, I will learn more this way, perhaps.

Seeds were from “Crop King”

Thank you for any and all help!!